X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave#
    • Jul 2000

Why is this thread closed?

Why is this thread closed?

New community just for vb admins....on how to handle the community/people side of things. Check it out? Pitch in. Let's learn from each other! We have lots of great things to share on how to use this great software in growing an online community. VBAdmins (http://www.vbadmins.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2)

Thanks
    http://forums.cpfc.org/
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

When threads become nothing but attacks it is in everyone's best interest to have them closed. Since you insisted on continually attacking people in that thread it was closed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dave#
      • Jul 2000

Sigh - I was asking why people were spamming me and others.

Now they don't have a chance to respond or defend themselves or offer any type of explanation.

Nice.

BTW if you call that an attack you need to get out there on the Internet a bit more, that wasn't even close.

Just a thought

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You claimed the thread was spam... We have long allowed people to announce their new vBulletin forums on this site. The admins of that site did a small promotional mailing based on the people listed at Big Boards. And you called it Spam.. Sure it was unsolicited but wasn't asking for money or anything and it was targetted. If you want to know why they emailed you, then you should contact the people who sent the email.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dave#
          • Jul 2000

You claimed the thread was spam...
          where?

You obviously think this behaviour is acceptable so there doesn't seem to be much further to add.

Oh well

Edit: Just worked out that Wayne is actually a Mod there - makes sense now

Comment

• the Sandman
            • Jul 2003
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dave#
            Sigh - I was asking why people were spamming me and others.

Now they don't have a chance to respond or defend themselves or offer any type of explanation.

Nice.

BTW if you call that an attack you need to get out there on the Internet a bit more, that wasn't even close.

Just a thought
            Spam is unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses, usually from an anonymous sender and sent by email sending software. I manually sent out a very small number of email invitations to the largest online Bulletin Board Communities using my own personal email address. I personally visited every site I emailed and used the contact information contained therein. If that is spam in your mind then I apologize for taking up your time with it however the mailing has been otherwise extremely well received - I have received at least 20 emails thanking me for the invitations not to mention many more than that registered.

It is disingenuous on your part to represent your public complaints as merely trying to find out "why you were spammed" - if that was the case you would have sent me a return email or PM'ed me here. Obviously, you are looking to cause ill will, and not doing a very good job of it I'm afraid.
            The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
            Articles - Forum Review
            Interviews:
            KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
            Paul M

Comment

• Dave#
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by the Sandman
              Spam is unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses, usually from an anonymous sender and sent by email sending software. I manually sent out a very small number of email invitations to the largest online Bulletin Board Communities using my own personal email address. I personally visited every site I emailed and used the contact information contained therein. If that is spam in your mind then I apologize for taking up your time with it however the mailing has been otherwise extremely well received - I have received at least 20 emails thanking me for the invitations not to mention many more than that registered.

It is disingenuous on your part to represent your public complaints as merely trying to find out "why you were spammed" - if that was the case you would have sent me a return email or PM'ed me here. Obviously, you are looking to cause ill will, and not doing a very good job of it I'm afraid.
              SPAM isn't just "unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses", all unsolicited advertising email is spam in my opinion is SPAM.

The very fact that you had 20 responses suggests quite a large mailshot.
              spam ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spm)
              n. Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.
              tr.v. spammed, spam·ming, spams
              1. To send unsolicited e-mail to.
              2. To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I am going to close this thread as well. It no longer has any bearing on this site and any issue you have should be taken up privately with the person you have the issue with.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...