• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Wheatley
    • Jan 2002

Branding Free Licence

Hi,

I am considering this option.

I currently have an owned licence, with expiry date: 16th September 2004.

If I purchase the branding free option for my current licence, can I just confirm that that is a ONE OFF payment, and that all I will then have to continue paying is the 30 per year to keep member area access?

Tim.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there,

With a owned license you will always have member area access.
    The expiry date is set for the download area within the member area.
    When the expiry date is met, you can't download updates from the download area no more, but you will still have access to the member area.
    If you wish to get access to this download area again, a $30 for 12 additional months apply.

The branding free fee is so you can remove the copyright from the footer on your forum. If your expiry date is met, you don't have to put it back or something, I am 99% sure this is a one time fee per license. And that it has nothing to do with download area or member area access.

I hope this explained it a little bit
    If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The Branding Free Option is a one-time fee per license.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Tim Wheatley
        • Jan 2002

Cheers guys...

Comment

• Boofo
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The Branding Free Option is a one-time fee per license.
          How come it doesn't show that in our member's area (if we have that option paid for or not)?
          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Show what?? This?

Originally posted by vBulletin Member's Area Inline Help
            Branding Free Option

All vBulletin license holders must retain the vBulletin and Jelsoft copyright text at the bottom of each page of vBulletin. If you would prefer to remove this text, you can purchase the branding free option for $120 per license.

Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to Jelsoft and vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates, and from the page title. Please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the Jelsoft/vBulletin copyright information.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Boofo
              • Apr 2002
              • 4.1.x

No, I know that's there. I thought there might be something in our license area that says we have the branding free option for our license. There was never any real e-mail stating that it was now ok to remove the copyright in the footer. Only a receipt e-mail for the amount paid, not what it was paid for. I didn't remove the copyright in the footer for almost a week after the paypal payment just to be sure you guys have received and logged the payment and what it was for.
              vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

It is marked in the company view of your license which is where it needs to be for enforcement.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

But it would still be nice to see it in our member info since we are the only ones who can view our own info.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Boofo
                    But it would still be nice to see it in our member info since we are the only ones who can view our own info.
                    I agree with Boofo there, especially since there are situations with more then 1 license and more then 1 webmaster or site owner.

Originally posted by Tim Wheatley
                    Cheers guys...
                    No problem, glad we could help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...