Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimF
    • May 2000

Correct Page??

Upon entering the forums from the main page, I am sent to a redirect page. Considering the URL's are the same, I thought this was kind of odd.

It just doesn't seem very good to have that there.

I know this is nitpicking, and a very insignificant thing; but if you're selling a product you have to make everything look as clean as possible. The redirect in there just doesn't seem like a good idea, in my opinion...

• Susan
    • May 2000

Jim, the redirect appeared with the 1.1.2 upgrade. I don't care for it either, but assumed it was there for a reason and I'd just deal with it. I'm tempted to take the index.html out of the two folders (forums and admin) as that's what these pages are, but I'm afraid I'll defeat a security measure that makes these pages necessary.

Susan

Comment

• doron
      • Apr 2000

.htaccess?

simply use a .htaccess file fore that to redirect you to the .php file. Much better that a hmtl file

Comment

• JimF
        • May 2000

Why does it have to be that complicated?? On my server, there is an order in which the server looks for index pages; something like: index.shtml, index.html, index.htm, index.php, etc.

I'm assuming that there are some servers that are not set up to have ".php" shown as the directory index??? Hence, the .html index with a redirect to the .php page. Okay it makes sense now. I just don't like it.

Comment

• Craig A
          • Apr 2000

As it worked fine before, I see no reason we can't just remove the index.html - i'm going to. If the thing then falls over, i'll put it back...

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

It seems to me that the .html was put there so that the board would work on everybody's server out of the box. So if it was working for you before then by all means remove that ugly redirect.

Comment

• John
              • Apr 2000

This was added for users who index.php is not parsed. Feel free to remove it..I'm just about to.

John
              John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• WebStyles
                • Apr 2000

You can also use an .htaccess that says DirectoryIndex index.php, that's totally transparent.
                We're Here Forums!
                [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...