X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Renewal for more than 1 year

Hello there

I have just renewed one of my owned license for another year.. though I have a question.. mainly for one of my other licenses... do you have an option to renew for multiable years? I mean like for 5 years or more for the same license

Thnx
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

At this time you would have to renew 5 separate times to do this. A year will be added for every renewal.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• merjawy
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      At this time you would have to renew 5 separate times to do this. A year will be added for every renewal.
      Thnx Steve

but I don't think thats working right now.. as I had 1 day left in my year and when I renewed I lost that day it actualy started my year from today

I know its only 1 day but what if its more !!!

so I am not sure about doing more than one payment seperatly

thnx
      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I still don't believe that's the case since I've seen plenty of renewals. You do realize that if you purchased on March 3rd, the license in good through March 2nd, right?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• merjawy
          • Sep 2002

yes I am well aware of that

my original was to expire on the 24th

so today the 23rd I renewed and now it says will expire on 22nd of 2005 (thats a full year)

as you see.. but lost the last day from my original year
          Last edited by Merjawy; Fri 23 Jan '04, 8:25pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Honestly I have seen a lot of renewals and I'ver never seen that before. Don't know what else to say.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Fusion
              • Aug 2001
              • 3.8.x

Steve,
              You could say that whoever coded that bit will look into it, it seems like a silly bug, and easy to sort out.

The simple fix is to never renew 'til it has expired. It's not like you'll lose vital access for the few hours you're unable to access the downloads etc.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Mephisteus
                • Aug 2002
                • 3.7.x

I didn't have that problem (I think). Renewed once and I don't think I lost any days...
                A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• RichM
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 4.0.x

Same here, i renewed a month or so ago and i did not lose any days.

Comment

• merjawy
                    • Sep 2002

Thanks anyway Steve...

as I said before.. its only 1 day and I am not worried about it but the thing is what if it was more than 1 day? and I just noted that to let Jell soft know cuz I am pretty sure if I lost more days and I contacted them they will take care of it..

just had to comment on what had happend to me ... might be an intermitin problem

anyway.. ya'll own me a day one day I am gonna hunt you for it

Thanks again

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Just fill out a support ticket and we can take care of the missing day.

FWIW I have seen many people order renewals one or two months ahead of the expiration date and it always adds a year on to the existing date - not a year from the renewal date.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Chroder
                        • Dec 2002

Just to get this straight, if I upgrade from leased to owned, my members area will be 1 year + whatever I've got left in my leased?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

That I'm not too sure about. I believe it should be one year from the purchase of the upgrade, but it may depend on when you upgrade. If during the first 30 days you get a discount and this may affect the expiration date.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ShiningArcanine
                            • Feb 2003

I would think it would be reset to 1 year.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

I just saw a leased upgrade come through. The original lease was purchased on 10-10-2003. It was upgraded to owned on 01-24-2004 and the expiration is set at 01-23-2005.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...