Clear All
  • _| () R | Z
    • Oct 2002

i also browsed the board and noticed that:
    1.- their board is being host by a 3rd party
    2.- non of the admins are active
    3.- url of hosting comp at the bottum doesnt work
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• ShiningArcanine
      • Feb 2003

vBulletin can be hacked to support other databases. All of the queries are in an external file if I recall. A few changes and you can support other databases.

Makes me wonder if supporting other databases was one of the orignal goals of vB3 but then put off for a later version. Perhaps this is how the devs plan to port vB to other databases.

Comment

• Andy Z
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by ShiningArcanine
        vBulletin can be hacked to support other databases. All of the queries are in an external file if I recall. A few changes and you can support other databases.

Makes me wonder if supporting other databases was one of the orignal goals of vB3 but then put off for a later version. Perhaps this is how the devs plan to port vB to other databases.
        The queries are throughout the code, hence why no official support for other RDBMSs. The database class is an extra file, however. Changing the class would not fix all the issues of switching to another RDBMS, as most queries are optimized specifically for MySQL, and therefore, you would need to go through most of the files and change the queries.
        - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...