Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beorn
    • May 2002

Originally posted by Dolby
    NO, I said the vbulletin user database (this forum database) witch records your IP every time you have visited/use this forum. Since this forum knows who has a valid lic or not they could just use those IPs for an exception list. I'm not talking about the database they use to hold what webpage goes with what lic. It wouldnt be a total solution but would fix it for many.
    Well, what if the attacker has a valid license? Your idea is a good way to bring sales to a complete halt. Right now, I suppose, they're only slowed.

Papino - Your IP won't change if your DSL modem stays plugged in.

Nuno - Do you have a solution to the problem?

Comment

• Papino
      • Sep 2003

Papino - Your IP won't change if your DSL modem stays plugged in.

wow! wonderful! i really never known this!! -_-

is this a solution? i connect every day from many different places with different connection, with different pc, and lol? i cant turn off my pc coz if i reconnect when my ip changes i couldnt see vb.com again?... is this a solution???

turn on mind pls,i hope vb staffer takes serious decision about this HUGE italian(and not only italian) problem, it s a scandal!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

Can you pm me the IP thats blocked and an idea of the ranges.

We have a few large A class ranges that should be defined more.
        24.0.0.0/8
        203.0.0.0/8
        210.0.0.0/8
        211.0.0.0/8

Have complete blocks, the rest are all a mixture of B and C class ranges.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Dolby
          • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Beorn
          Well, what if the attacker has a valid license? Your idea is a good way to bring sales to a complete halt. Right now, I suppose, they're only slowed.
          It was a suggestion Beorn, lighten up. Even if the attacker had a valid lic. he could only attack via that one IP the 1000 zombie machines still could not attack and vBulletin could quickly plug the hole.
          eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
          vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
          7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

• Papino
            • Sep 2003

all ppl i know(from north to sud italy) cant reach vb.com urls. In Italy there are many different DSL companies, but all companies buy band by the Italian Telecom Company so all italian DSL IPs could be from 60.xxx.xxx.xxx to 220.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. So it is impossible to stablish which ip ill have in my next reconnect... understand? if u ban ips like from 80.xxx.xxx.xxx to 81.xxx.xxx.xxx(the most populars) u could ban all any italian DSL user randomly...

i hope this can help vb staff to resolve this huge scandal, coz in italy many vb customers dont know vb3 rc1 or other updates/forum support, and this snt correct coz we pay this service like all others vb costumers...

Comment

• Dan
              • Dec 2002

Just do what they said and we won't have to continue this they have more than one way to solve this problem.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Please keep in mind the current blocks are temporary and we have a temporary solution for those that need access. We are looking for more permanent solutions but fighting a determined and morally deficient attacker is not an easy or cheap proposition.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Neocorteqz
                  • Aug 2002

I'm browsing Via A proxy atm(A Protected and Private Proxy i host). looking for a fix (if one exist) for a slight problem. and I have emailed Support for said fix(browsing fix, not to confuse myself.).

Hey I understand completly what vBull is going through, and understand why they did what they did. No complaints from me.

Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Papino
                    all ppl i know(from north to sud italy) cant reach vb.com urls. In Italy there are many different DSL companies, but all companies buy band by the Italian Telecom Company so all italian DSL IPs could be from 60.xxx.xxx.xxx to 220.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. So it is impossible to stablish which ip ill have in my next reconnect... understand? if u ban ips like from 80.xxx.xxx.xxx to 81.xxx.xxx.xxx(the most populars) u could ban all any italian DSL user randomly...

i hope this can help vb staff to resolve this huge scandal, coz in italy many vb customers dont know vb3 rc1 or other updates/forum support, and this snt correct coz we pay this service like all others vb costumers...
                    Whole ip rangers where blocked because many zombie machines are sending attacks from all over. I recomend the use of a proxy server at this time, this will allow you access to the site altho it may be a bit slow.

Jelsoft is doing everything within their power to get these attacks to stop, to allow most of their customers to the site they had to block the ip ranges the attacks are coming from, if they did'nt no one would be able to get to vBulletin.com. These sort of attacks are very hard to track down to the orgin, and even if you do manage the attacker could very well be 'outside' of the law (in some country that will let him do this at his own will).

Comment

• Papino
                      • Sep 2003

i hope this is REALLY a temporary solution, coz my DSL ips r locked sice november -_-

anyways GL

Comment

• Iwk_Batterio
                        • Nov 2002
                        • 3.6.x

I'm from Italian and i've got the same Papino's problem too. With vB staff we have fixed my problem but i hope it's a temporary solution...

So Good Job for now, and Good Luck for the future.
                        Batterio

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...