• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yavar
    • Dec 2003
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

why we should have licence?

hello
    i have a licence, but my friend have n't licence while he is using vbulletin .
    link for vbulletin licnece free == > http://forum.xxxxxxx.com/viewtopic.php?t=5290
    this site has developed using vbulletin without licence in iran in perisian sites .
    i'm from iran !why , i should have a licence ?
    another interesting link for download vbulletin relase software http://xxxxx/_styles/vBReleases/
    Last edited by yavar; Fri 19 Dec '03, 6:01am.
  • WDWInsider
    • Jun 2003

Probably because using a copy of vB without a license is illegal.
    http://www.wdwforum.net/smallsig.php

Comment

• RichM
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.0.x

You should not have posted that link, now a bunch of morons are going to download it and use it. It is a form of stealing, it is just as bad as going into a shop and walking out with a can of Coke without paying for it.

I think you should remove both of those links and report them both here:

Anyone who downloads a pirated vBulletin copy, will get traced within weeks and you will have no option other than to remove it, so you would be wasting your time.

Comment

• yavar
        • Dec 2003
        • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by HostOrbit
        You should not have posted that link, now a bunch of morons are going to download it and use it. It is a form of stealing, it is just as bad as going into a shop and walking out with a can of Coke without paying for it.

I think you should remove both of those links and report them both here:

Anyone who downloads a pirated vBulletin copy, will get traced within weeks and you will have no option other than to remove it, so you would be wasting your time.
        i edit my links in my post!

but , i before report many links but , vbulletin.com ....
        but those sites are using this software , until now(after 1 year vbulletin.com dosen't anything yet)
        what is your idea about this thread ?!?!?!

Comment

• RichM
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.0.x

what is your idea about this thread ?!?!?!
          I think i understand what you are saying (after reading it 5 times).
          If the site does have a license then Jelsoft are not going to ask them to remove it. So i'd assume the sites that you reported did have a license if nothing happened after a year.

Comment

• yavar
            • Dec 2003
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

I think i understand what you are saying (after reading it 5 times).
            If the site does have a license then Jelsoft are not going to ask them to remove it. So i'd assume the sites that you reported did have a license if nothing happened after a year.
            but , those sites haven't licence yet!
            i know webmaster of one of these sites!

Comment

• RichM
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.0.x

Well if i was you i'd ask him to remove it.
              Also report it here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php

Comment

• yavar
                • Dec 2003
                • 3.0.0 Gamma

Well if i was you i'd ask him to remove it.
                Also report it here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php
                i said him to remove , vbulletin !
                but he said i don't remove it , because vbulletin.com can't do anything!!!!

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

if he wishes to be an ******* and continue to contribute to the piracy which is illegal he can continue to do so if he really wishs. but he will have has bad luck soon, i randomly go around looking for illegal sites and report them ^^ its a hobby

Comment

• 3MZ

Originally posted by Faranth
                    if he wishes to be an ******* and continue to contribute to the piracy which is illegal he can continue to do so if he really wishs. but he will have has bad luck soon, i randomly go around looking for illegal sites and report them ^^ its a hobby
                    That's too disrespectful, if you are referring to yavar.

I have a feeling that you people don't understand him. He has reported the sites to vBulletin many times, and also advised the illegal users to curb their activities. They won't listen, and Jelsoft are unable to do anything about it. If Jelsoft can't do anything about it, I assume that yavar can't either, right? He's doing perfectly the right thing, and is against piracy; but no one can stop the ones involved in piracy.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

If someone steals and get away with it, does this give me the right to steal? If someone commits murder and gets away with it, does this give me the right to commit murder?

In the end we are all responsible for our own morality and ethics.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• yavar
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by 3MZ
                        That's too disrespectful, if you are referring to yavar.

I have a feeling that you people don't understand him. He has reported the sites to vBulletin many times, and also advised the illegal users to curb their activities. They won't listen, and Jelsoft are unable to do anything about it. If Jelsoft can't do anything about it, I assume that yavar can't either, right? He's doing perfectly the right thing, and is against piracy; but no one can stop the ones involved in piracy.
                        exactly

Comment

• yavar
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          If someone steals and get away with it, does this give me the right to steal? If someone commits murder and gets away with it, does this give me the right to commit murder?

In the end we are all responsible for our own morality and ethics.
                          it's correct! but much people , like to use from vb without licence and without paying anything !
                          vbulletin , should have a serious action with unlicenced users , because licenced users should have a difference from unlicenced users !

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

we do ;D

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

We take every legal action at our disposal to pursue piracy and Intellectual Property violations.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...