• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryan Kazdan
    • Jan 2003

Suggested Word to be Included Despite Character Limit - IIS

On this forum can you add acronym "IIS" to the:

"Words to be Included Despite Character Limit"

For those of us who run IIS as our web server it could potentially help out quite a bit.

Thank you.
  • Mephisteus
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.7.x

I just think the minimum should be 3 lettres instead of 4 (it is 4 right now right? )
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• bryan kazdan
      • Jan 2003

IIS Request

I am sure that on a forum with 35,805 members, 83,055 Threads and 541,502 Posts changing the minimum from 4 to 3 would severely increase the server's load. All I request is that a single word be added to the exclusion list so that the members of this board are able to search for information regarding IIS servers.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

'IIS' is already included.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bryan kazdan
          • Jan 2003

IIS is searchable. Was the joke on me?

Steve,

I did a search on 'IIS' earlier today and was give the standard
          The search term you specified (iis) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
          I had to search for "IIS6" to get any results.

Is it possible that someone viewed this post and changed the exclusions this evening (EST) without posting the change, prior to you doing your research and writing a response.

If no one did then I apologize for starting this thread. But if someone did make that change without posting I'll take a bow, as the joke is on me .

Either way, I can search for “IIS” now and I found the answer I was looking for . I appreciate prompt reply.

Have a happy Thanksgiving all (If you celebrate it, if not have a nice day)

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

It looks like IIS was in there for a while because it was in the middle of the list - not the end. However I did notice that the entries were not all separated by spaces. Some had line feeds. I took those out and maybe that fixed this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Grover
              • May 2001
              • 3.8.x

Hi,

This '"Words to be Included Despite Character Limit" : is this an option in VB3 or only available at the vbulletin.com site? It's just that I have some much requested 3-charachter words too on our forums and would like to add them without changing the search-index.
              How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Michael König
                • May 2001
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Grover
                This '"Words to be Included Despite Character Limit" : is this an option in VB3
                Yes

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Words to be Included Despite Character Limit

Comment

• Grover
                  • May 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Man!

My GOD... what a beautiful product this VB3 is! It has been years that I was sooo excited about ANY software-release....

Thanx!
                  How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...