X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CharlesW
    • Jun 2003

Customer Phone Support

Hello,

This is Charles Warner from Invision Power Services. I was not sure where to post or who to contact about this as I am not privy to the organizational structure here at vBulletin.

I thought it a professional courtesy to tell you that, for some odd reason, we are receiving phone calls from your customers in need of support for vBulletin. Being a competing product we cannot fathom why people are phoning us for vBulletin support but indeed they are.

Obviously we take the advantage, as I am sure you would, to talk to them about our product however it is to the point we are actually feeling guilty about taking your customers simply for being confused and phoning the wrong company.

I would just like to know what phone number you would like us to give your customers in the event any others choose to phone us.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Thanks Charles. Please have them send an email to [email protected].
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

That's extremeley weird, especially since we don't provide support by phone; the only phone number we provide is for sales inquiries and that is 661-718-2307.

Comment

• Marco
        • Nov 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
        That's extremeley weird, especially since we don't provide support by phone; the only phone number we provide is for sales inquiries and that is 661-718-2307.
        Hmm... I've never seen that number listed on the vBulletin website? o_O

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Marco
            • Nov 2000
            • 3.8.x

Ah...

Comment

• Martin
              • Apr 2000
              • 3.5.x

I'm sorry, but we cannot let this thread denigrate into competitor bashing.

Charles was very professional in his approach to an odd situation and doesn't deserve the kind of response that this seems headed for.

While we believe we do have a seriously better product, the competition provided by IPB helps keep us on our toes in leading the industry and we aapreciate that from them. We cannot afford to rest on our laurels.

That said, I'm closing this thread, but not without thanking Charles for his courtesy. Thank you Charles.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...