X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Multi Lic. Login to member's area

Hello there

I logged in with one of the Lic. I have but wanted to check other things in members area and found it a little odd no way to log out

I know I could clear cache and cookies but I think it would be nice to have a log out option in members area just like the forum

Thank you
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

• nuno
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

Just close your browser window and *poof*, you are automatically logged out
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by merjawy
      Hello there

I logged in with one of the Lic. I have but wanted to check other things in members area and found it a little odd no way to log out

I know I could clear cache and cookies but I think it would be nice to have a log out option in members area just like the forum

Thank you
      If purchased with the same email address, all your licenses would be accessible via one login so I don't understand why you would need to log out to access another license.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vBR
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        If purchased with the same email address, all your licenses would be accessible via one login so I don't understand why you would need to log out to access another license.
        I can see how a person may have licenses purchased with their e-mail addresses of the sites each license was purchased for.
        e.g. [email protected]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by <v>
          I can see how a person may have licenses purchased with their e-mail addresses of the sites each license was purchased for.
          e.g. [email protected]
          They can still have those combined under a single login with a simple email to the support center.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cyborg from DH
            • Nov 2002

I know if I was going to buy another license for my other site (Which does not have a forum, but if I ever decided to add one), I'd like to have it on another email account.

Either way, I dont think its really that big of a deal.

Comment

• merjawy
              • Sep 2002

Thanks all for replying

I didn' t know closing the page/browser will log me out but I will try it thnx

I know about having all lic. under one account.. but there are reason I didn't do that.. so all 3 and more to come are seprate, its a pain but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do

and again, its no big of a deal if you look at it that way

I just said it would be nice to have an option to logout so I can log back in to look/edit the other Lic or download for it etc. etc.

happy new year
              My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

• vBR
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                They can still have those combined under a single login with a simple email to the support center.
                If you purchase licenses for different projects and allowed others from those projects to act in a similar capacity as yourself then you would definitely want to keep them separate.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Personally, I would have the license transferred to the person eventually in charge of the project and get it off my account.

I can see where you are coming from. A logout could probably be done but I doubt it is a very high priority at this particular juncture.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Merjawy
                    • Sep 2002

More than a year later.. I am checking to see if you guys are planning to add a logout link in members section !!!

I am so lazy to close browser/clear cookies, I let one of the lic. expire and didn't know about it till an email was sent to me two days later otherwise I would have been checking all lic. each time I am there

again, just a thought to make life a bit easy

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Dec 2000

There isn't a way to do logout as it uses browser authentication unless sending a 401 unauthorised error would make it forget.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by PHP Manual
                        Both Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer will clear the local browser window's authentication cache for the realm upon receiving a server response of 401. This can effectively "log out" a user, forcing them to re-enter their username and password. Some people use this to "time out" logins, or provide a "log-out" button.
                        http://www.php.net/features.http-auth

I would think this is how programs like cPanel perform logouts.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• okrogius
                          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          There isn't a way to do logout as it uses browser authentication unless sending a 401 unauthorised error would make it forget.
                          Provide a logout page. If a user visits it sets a cookie, then boink the user back to the normal members area. And modify member's area login that if this logut cookie is found, it should delete it, but also send a 401 prompting for a new login (which in turn makes the browser forget about it).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...