X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fusion
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
    Interesting, they are loading faster than ever for me...
    It does load a tad slower, even when there's no quick-reply box to load, so I suspect the issue is the new host, not the software.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by seby
      vb team are trying to add new features, but from what I see most are useless... I would much rather see USEFUL feature like mulitple attachments (which I STILL don't see), auto image resizing, those kinds of useful things... hybrid and threaded are probably the most useless feature that will never get used.

Other USEFUL feature like removing IP: Logged link from appearing to those without access, kinds useless seeing it if you can't use it.. same with the edit button, why is it on your post if I can't edit your post? LOL .. that kind of stuff should be more important in fixing then some hybrid and threaded mode feature...............
      I agree that multiple attachments should be implemented. I'm 100% behind you on that and I think it should have been introduced in vB 3. However, you can't say threaded view is useless. I won't use it, but it has been one of the most requested features ever since vBulletin started. We only add what customers want - we didn't want to add threaded view but we had so many requests for it that we had no choice.

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Fusion
        It does load a tad slower, even when there's no quick-reply box to load, so I suspect the issue is the new host, not the software.
        It's much faster than it's ever been for me. When we moved hosts there was a noticeable increase, and now that we've upgraded as well it is much faster.

Comment

• Millward
          • Apr 2002

I think that vB3 should have an alternate headers thing. Where logged out users see a different header, ie with register etc. and logged in users see usercp etc

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I think they mentioned in the announcement forum with 'done features' that conditionals can now be used. So all you have to do is alter the template of the top menu with a conditional to achieve this.

[if ($usergroup == 0) { $button[register] } else { $button[usercp] }]

^-- if the usergroup is unregistered, then show the registered button, otherwise the usercontrolpanel button.

^----- That is my made up syntax, made up variables, and made up assumption - don't quote me on it

rofl
            playing with fonts and colours is wayyy cooler now

Comment

• JamesUS
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by xiphoid
              I think they mentioned in the announcement forum with 'done features' that conditionals can now be used. So all you have to do is alter the template of the top menu with a conditional to achieve this.

[if ($usergroup == 0) { $button[register] } else { $button[usercp] }]

^-- if the usergroup is unregistered, then show the registered button, otherwise the usercontrolpanel button.

^----- That is my made up syntax, made up variables, and made up assumption - don't quote me on it

rofl
              playing with fonts and colours is wayyy cooler now
              Correct. That can now be achieved with some fairly simple template edits.

Please keep this thread on topic...discussions like this can go on in the vB 3 forums. This forum is for feedback on the actual vBulletin.com site.

Comment

• Fusion
                • Aug 2001
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JamesUS
                It's much faster than it's ever been for me. When we moved hosts there was a noticeable increase, and now that we've upgraded as well it is much faster.
                Hmm, maybe that host has a less than ideal path to my ISP. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by JamesUS
                  Correct. That can now be achieved with some fairly simple template edits.

Please keep this thread on topic...discussions like this can go on in the vB 3 forums. This forum is for feedback on the actual vBulletin.com site.
                  Uhm,
                  well ok

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...