Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUG
    • Apr 2002

Major problems with vB.com...

Now it takes FOREVER to load the forums, sometimes doesn't even load at all. Also, I can't download vB from the Member's Area, the d/l just stalls at around 150 KB. (No, I am not using a download accelerator)

• tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Originally posted by MUG
    Now it takes FOREVER to load the forums, sometimes doesn't even load at all. Also, I can't download vB from the Member's Area, the d/l just stalls at around 150 KB. (No, I am not using a download accelerator)

Interesting, they are loading faster than ever for me...

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by tubedogg
      Ditto.

...and 10 chars.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• MUG
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by tubedogg
        It's a problem with my ISP (Optimum Online) and Ventures Online. All sites that are hosted with them are extremely slow...

Comment

• Erwin
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by MUG
          It's a problem with my ISP (Optimum Online) and Ventures Online. All sites that are hosted with them are extremely slow...
          Loads just tad slower for me because of the JS for QR box at the bottom, but not too bad.

Comment

• sebe
            • Oct 2002

It does load slower, I am on 4Mbit/400k cable connection. vb3 seems way slower. I think it's the quick reply box, I do not like the JS it has, I hope there is a way to disable that..

Comment

• Cary
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by seby
              It does load slower, I am on 4Mbit/400k cable connection. vb3 seems way slower. I think it's the quick reply box, I do not like the JS it has, I hope there is a way to disable that..
              As it has been said numerous times, it can be enabled/disabled via the Admin CP with a click of a button.

Comment

• sebe
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Cary
                As it has been said numerous times, it can be enabled/disabled via the Admin CP with a click of a button.
                yes, but can just the JS part be disabled? I want the quick reply box just not the script it has. It lags the pages. samething when you post a reply, or make a new thread. I like the old editor better.

Comment

• Cary
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 3.6.x

yes, but can just the JS part be disabled? I want the quick reply box just not the script it has. It lags the pages. samething when you post a reply, or make a new thread. I like the old editor better.
                  From the Admin CP:
                  Require Click for Quick Reply

If you set this option to 'no', users will not have to click the Quick Reply icon in order to type a message in the quick reply box.

However, this will be at the expense of the usefulness of the Threaded and Hybrid view modes, as the system will not know to which post a user is replying, so the threaded view will become non-sensical.

Set this option to 'no' at your own discretion.

Comment

• someuser190826
                    • Oct 2002
                    • 4.0.x

Don't worry Seby, the vB Dev's have made the AdminCP very very powerful, when you are the admin of a board you will feel like god with all that power

Comment

• ccd1
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Cary
                      From the Admin CP:
                      What about the threads that came from before vB3? They will all make no sense when it comes to hybrid and threaded view.

Comment

• sebe
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by baragon0
                        What about the threads that came from before vB3? They will all make no sense when it comes to hybrid and threaded view.
                        vb team are trying to add new features, but from what I see most are useless... I would much rather see USEFUL feature like mulitple attachments (which I STILL don't see), auto image resizing, those kinds of useful things... hybrid and threaded are probably the most useless feature that will never get used.

Other USEFUL feature like removing IP: Logged link from appearing to those without access, kinds useless seeing it if you can't use it.. same with the edit button, why is it on your post if I can't edit your post? LOL .. that kind of stuff should be more important in fixing then some hybrid and threaded mode feature...............
                        Last edited by sebe; Sun 24 Nov '02, 9:00pm.

Comment

• Erwin
                          • Jan 2002

Other USEFUL feature like removing IP: Logged link from appearing to those without access, kinds useless seeing it if you can't use it.. same with the edit button, why is it on your post if I can't edit your post? LOL .. that kind of stuff should be more important in fixing then some hybrid and threaded mode feature...............
                          Those things will be easy to do since vB3 will have dynamic templates (as I understand it) so you can just edit your templates with certain queries to show these things depending on the usergroup.

Comment

• ccd1
                            • Jun 2002

Yeah, to be honest, I'd rather see more new features rather than a complete revamp of the system.

I hope the final vB3 style is not even similar to what we have now. It's far too cluttered.

Also, I thought we could suscribe to threads we responded to automatically without recieveing an email? I don't see this in the user cp options. The only way to do this is manually in each thread, and it's easy to overlook it once out of 1,500 posts.

Comment

• Fusion
                              • Aug 2001
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by baragon0 I hope the final vB3 style is not even similar to what we have now. It's far too cluttered.
                              The final style won't be anything like the current vB2-based style, that's a given.
                              Also, I thought we could suscribe to threads we responded to automatically without recieveing an email? I don't see this in the user cp options. The only way to do this is manually in each thread, and it's easy to overlook it once out of 1,500 posts.
                              I'm pretty sure this will be addressed properly in the final style.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...