Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DWZ
    • Jan 2002

Member's area idea

In the members area when you have "Expiry Date" for each license, it would be nice if instead of having the date in the format 02-04-2003, to put it like Feb 4th 2003.

I just have trouble trying to work out if 02-04-2003 means 2nd April 2003 or Feb 2nd 2003...

If you can't do that for some reason, maybe putting a note somewhere saying that the dates are shown in mm-dd-yyyy format?
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

Yeah, sometimes I look at it and read it the wrong way, but that's the European style. I got used to it after a while. It would be nice for us yanks, but if not, I can still read it.

Comment

• TotalBS
      • Apr 2000
      • 4.2.X

agreed. no one says to change how it is displayed. just let us know what the format is.

I, myself, prefer yyyy-mm-dd, since it sorts properly and is formated logistically as if it were a number with exact increments.

ah, but that's me.

I suggest that anytime a date is displayed as just numbers, always explain the format with the simple mm-dd-yyyy
      Brian Shea (G+)
      FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com

Comment

• Millward
        • Apr 2002

Hehe, I'm English and I think the European DD-MM-YYYY is more sensible that the US MM-DD-YYYY

Comment

• giz
          • Oct 2002

The YYYY-MM-DD date format is a recognised Standard

Internet Standard: RFC 3339 "Date and Time on the Internet" specifies YYYY-MM-DD: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

The W3C have a Note-date-time which also specifies YYYY-MM-DD: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

The YYYY-MM-DD date format is defined in the National and International Standards adopted in most countries of the world:
          USA: ANSI X3.30 and NIST FIPS 4-1
          UK: BS EN 28601
          Canada: CSA Z234.5
          Europe: EN 28601
          South Africa: ARP 010
          Japan: JIS X 0301
          Australia: AS 3802
          China: GB/T 7408-94
          and many others.
          These are based on the International Standard: ISO 8601

I hope that VB Version 3 will use YYYY-MM-DD as the default date format.

Comment

• DWZ
            • Jan 2002

*bump*

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

I hope that VB Version 3 will use YYYY-MM-DD as the default date format.
              You are free to use whatever format you wish on your board - it is still an admin option.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Let's not forget that the original suggestion was for the expiry date in the Members Area.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...