X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • </blunted>
    • Sep 2002
    • 3.8.x

limited access / URL rewriting

I wanted to comment in the suggestions area about the new URL rewriting for search engine friendly pages. I adapted my install of the most popular open source forum software to do just this, because I couldn't get it elsewhere. I'd love to not run a hacked package that I have to support (life is too short) for the overall durability of having support, no doubt.

It seems like the vB3 s.e. friendly URLs could be better, however, if we are to focus on tuning for Googlebot. This is based on the sample that everyone referenced showing the methodology/structure of the child links and how they were written.

We really should have the shortest path and end with a .html without *.php as an apparent subdirectory. That is something that Googlebot could learn to sniff.

Overgrown, his highness, beat me to the punch and made exactly the type of parallel index mod like I was thinking of doing for my forum, but I decided that if the system could be moded entirely, it would render that exercise unnecessary. It should really be done correctly from the start and completely mimick traditional static html directory structures.

I hope that vB3 does this, so I can buy it.
    "I actually ignored at least 20 of your attacks before I ever came back at you." -- Lawrence Cole
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...