Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taosiu
    • Jun 2002

Need to pay by paypal, possible???

Due to internet security problems, I would rather like to pay through PayPal, is it possible. I am scare to use credit card paying.

After I subscribed, do I get any support or just get a license, 'cause I have no experience of MYSQL, security, and I only know networking, and installation of Forum, PhP only.

Second, I have tired about the lite version, and I got database error, and I dunno how to fix it. Do you have any supports to indivdual after paid??

What is the difference of whole license and one license, I know both of them work for one web site only.

Please give me a confidence answer and I am ready to pay, thanks.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

1) Regarding your PayPal Question: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=47107

2) Yes, after you pay, you'll get full support.

3) The Leased License ($85) will give you support and updates for a year... after one year, you'll have to buy a new license.

The Owned License ($160) will give you support and updates for a year... after the year ends, you can use vBulletin forever (you own it, not lease) Updates and support will cost you $30 a year after your first year ends (optional)

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Also on #3, you will need to stop running your forums after one year unless you renew the license or convert to the owned one.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• taosiu
        • Jun 2002

Very disappionted about your service

I have made the payment through PayPal on Jun 29, 2002, and you guys tell me to wait upto 7 days until I get vaild license. Now I don't even get my license and don't know what's going on.

Told you, paid member like me just being ignored. What a joke!!!
        Last edited by taosiu; Fri 5 Jul '02, 3:09pm.

Comment

• Cary
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.6.x

The 7th day would be this weekend... if you don't hear anything by then I would send an email to [email protected]

Comment

• JamesUS
            • Aug 2000

The person who deals with PayPal payments is away at the moment so response times are slower. If you still have not received your license on Monday please forward your PayPal receipt to [email protected] and he will sort it out for you.

We are also working on an automated system for paypal payments - however at the moment please bear in mind that paypal licenses are a manual process and are not set up automatically.

Comment

• taosiu
              • Jun 2002

This is a good answer, n I accept!!!

As a professional E-Business website, all we need is a professional and exact answer. Now I know the person in charge is out of town, that sounds reasonable.

Even I have to wait for one more week, it's okay, but you know what, one of your support team member is not like you, he doesn't let me know what's happening, just ask me to wait, and he explain to me as following:
              1. Sorry but as I said you cannot receive any support until you have a valid license.
              2. As I said previously it can take up to a week for your payment to be processed. It has been only two days. You will have to be patient.
              3. After few days, I get the same answer with copy and paste function.

From the above conversation, he don't like to let me know what's going on, just ask me to wait without any reason, a rude attitude , impolite and not friendly, remember that I am your client, not a guest in this forum. I think he just treat me as a kid.

Please try to make well communication in your own team, that's my comments. Otherwise, business can't stay long for sure.
              Last edited by taosiu; Sat 6 Jul '02, 1:00am.

Comment

• Cary
                • Apr 2002
                • 3.6.x

Even I have to wait for one more week, it's okay, but you know what, one of your support team member is not like you, he doesn't let me know what's happening, just ask me to wait, and he explain to me as following:
                This sounds like you're talking about me, so let me set a few things straight. I do not work for vBulletin - I just try to help on a little on these forums. I do not know who's out of town and when they are out of town...

Sorry but as I said you cannot receive any support until you have a valid license.
                You can't get support for vBulletin unless you hold a valid license. Do a search on these forums and you'll see many people are told to enter their license information in the member area.

As I said previously it can take up to a week for your payment to be processed. It has been only two days. You will have to be patient.
                Maybe you shouldn't post the same thing twice?

After few days, I get the same answer with copy and paste function.
                Sorry, I don't understand what I did here...

From the above conversation, he don't like to let me know what's going on, just ask me to wait without any reason, a rude attitude , impolite and not friendly, remember that I am your client, not a guest in this forum. I think he just treat me as a kid.
                I don't think I had a rude attitute, but I apologize for it.
                I try to be polite, and friendly, so I am also sorry for not being those things.

Thanks!
                Cary

Comment

• taosiu
                  • Jun 2002

Oh...that's a mistake..Carl.

I know you are not Bulletin's staff, by the way, I am very appreciate for your great help, at least you give me a reply for my thread. Thank you, Carl.

The person I am talking is staff of Vbulletin. Otheriwse, I won't get mad like that. I am an easy person, but this time I really get pissed by this person.

After I posted the compiant contents, now where is he, he don't even stand out to say something. Blah......@@@@

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Actually Cary I think he was talking about me. I won't go into all the details but I do believe he was treated fairly and respectfully in the support system.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Cary
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Ahh... I guess I shouldn't of jumped to a conclusion... It sounded to me like he was talking about me.

Sorry about that.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                        • Jun 2000
                        • 4.0.x

As James pointed out, PayPal orders are processed manually and can take a while before they are processed. When you made payment, you should have been emailed a receipt from PayPal, if you forward that to [email protected] I can make sure your license is issued.

Comment

• taosiu
                          • Jun 2002

Why no one answer my question????

Why no one answer my question????
                          Please answer my enquiry, after paid no support????

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

What question?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...