Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phumphries
    • Jun 2000

Announcements Forum

The Announcements forum is becoming pretty difficult to use (or always has been and I never noticed).

To me, it would be reasonable to make an announcement in a new thread, immediately close that thread, and then open a second thread to allow discussion. Then, if there is an ammendment to the announcement (updated release date, for example), the real announcement can be *bump*ed up with a reply indicating the ammendment. The fact that discussion rages in a separate, similarly named thread means that one can easily find the original announcement.

Perhaps the discussion thread could always be started with a message like:
    This is the discussion thread for the Version 2.0 announcement.
    So, for example, there would be one thread called Version 2.0 Features and another called Disccussion - Version 2.0 Features.
    Peter E. Humphries
  • JimF
    • May 2000

That's not all that bad of an idea. I actually kind of like it.

-jim

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
      • Jun 2000
      • 4.0.x

It's a wonderful idea You know those annoucements tend to go way off-topic pretty quickly, I think a system like this would make things easier to keep track of while still letting people comment on annoucements.

-Chris

Comment

• Craig A
        • Apr 2000

Why not prevent users from responding to the announcements - the feedback should always be in the feedback forum, after all!

Comment

• phumphries
          • Jun 2000

Perhaps we can try it out when John makes his next announcement (which I hope will be very soon!).
          Peter E. Humphries

Comment

• chrispadfield
            • Aug 2000

I agree, although being one of those people who tends to make the annoucements go off topic (sorry) this would help. Also i definitely think James should make new annoucements when an old one is changed.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• John Harrison
              • Oct 2000

They should be closed right away!

Comment

• Susan
                • May 2000

I have to agree. I work away from home 20 hours a week, do stuff for Kathy and hystersisters about 20 hours a week, develop my personal site about 10 hours a week, and have a family to take care of too! Anything that can be done to speed up my ability to see if there are new announcements would be appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...