Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Multiple / Identical Post-notification E-mails

Since today I have been receiving E-mail notifications to posts. Which is just fine, because I always want that. But .. now they are multiple ones. 4 or 5 from the same person, to the same topic, etc. Identical. This happened about 4 times now. Same date, same time, from the same user, from the same thread. (per subject) Something spooky going on?!?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The server may be slow or there may be a lot of email notifications on that thread which slows down the posting of a new reply. The person adding the post is probably getting impatient and clicks on 'Submit Reply' over and over again causing a new email to be sent everytime.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MUG
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by smachol
      The server may be slow or there may be a lot of email notifications on that thread which slows down the posting of a new reply. The person adding the post is probably getting impatient and clicks on 'Submit Reply' over and over again causing a new email to be sent everytime.
      Wouldn't there be duplicates of the post, as well as multiple email notifications?

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

vB is designed to check for duplicates before posting, though I'm not sure if this applies to email notifications or not.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

uhoh

Originally posted by JamesUS
          vB is designed to check for duplicates before posting, though I'm not sure if this applies to email notifications or not.
          Don't tell me I found a bug :P (not really a bug, more a .. missing function)

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MUG
            Wouldn't there be duplicates of the post, as well as multiple email notifications?
            Sometimes but not always. it depands on when the reclick on the submit button.

Interestingly enough, last night after posting my reply I noticed two threads on vbulletin.com that had double posts.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MUG
              • Apr 2002

Interesting, I just got 2 email notifications for the same post on this thread.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

See !~!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...