How do i report a pirated vBulletin board?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewpfeifer
    • Oct 2000
    • 3.5.x

How do i report a pirated vBulletin board?

i dont really know so if you want to contact me over AIM my screen name is "andrewpfeifer".

i would post the address in here but i am not sure if that would be appropriate..

Andrew Pfeifer
    - Andrew Pfeifer
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

Please mail all details to:

[email protected]
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
      • Oct 2000
      • 3.5.x

i sent it to [email protected] , will that be ok?
      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• werehere
        • Apr 2000

Yes, he handles all piracy details.

Thank you
        We're Here Forums!
        [email protected]

Comment

• TWTCommish
          • Jul 2000

What about attempted piracy? I once received an email asking me to give them a copy of vBulletin - I told the person I would not help them, and that I hoped no one else would. Should I have reported that?
          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

• Fred
            • Jun 2000
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Piracy rules, without it, I would have had to pay for my full version of Flash4.. heh heh..

Though since over here in vBulletin, everyone treats you good, I bought it.

Comment

• John
              • Apr 2000

Chris,

Please do email us if someone approaches you about pirating vBulletin. Chances are that whoever contacted you has also contacted other webmasters, and they might not have been as strong-willed as you

Thanks,
              John
              John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                • May 2000

I don't understand one thing

I know there used to be people on my floor in college who used "questionable" software but they weren't stupid enough to brag about it or distribute it. What i don't understand is, if you're committing a crime why advertise it ONLINE? Regardless of whether it's expensive or not if you got your copy from just any old web site it's illegal and no one is going to sit around and talk with you about your feelings. :/

BTW I have a one year license soon to be full so I'm clean.

Comment

• Menno
                  • Apr 2000

some people seem to get a rush from it.. others do it for benifit or $$$
                  - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                    • May 2000

I personally don't understand why people would get a rush from it but in general it does make sense.

I guess I treat it like RL shoplifting. After one of my friends told me he used to pickpocket packs of gum it really lessened my opinion of him even if it was "just" a few cents worth. I sorta preached on how the store wasn't a chain and that the owners needed the money to survive, not to add a patio to their summer home. He shrugged, apologized then told me not to tell people about it. I dunno... I guess I'm used to seeing stealing as being something covert and done as a way of "saving money" not something to hold as a medal and be egotistically bragged about, etc.

On the flip side, I hold my own negative opinions in regards to large monopolies and I feel almost bad when I laugh at news stories about a big corporation vs a 13 year old hacker. When someone steals from a mom and pop store I would get seriously angry and even chase the offenders till I run out of breath. Yet I feel less sympathetic towards large, overly wealthy corporations even if I have nothing against them. Why? Well I seriously don't believe that the workers are paid more when earnings are higher. To me the most hard-working individuals never seem to recieve the amount they should make. My colleagues tell me it doesn't make too much of a difference if the company is in a glut or not and it's about how well you play politics and smooching up to the big guns.

Well this is all debatable although one thing's for sure it's all about greed and whether you're a monopoly or a warez pirate it's always about self gain. 2 wrongs make a right?

Eh...all hail vbulletin and I hope you guys make enough to live well and prosper. Don't let greed blind ya...

[Edited by SonnetCelestial on 12-21-2000 at 06:50 PM]

Comment

• Parker Trasborg
                      • Dec 2000

How can you tell if a board is pirated. That way if I see any I can report it in...

Comment

• TWTCommish
                        • Jul 2000

I don't think you can - vBulletin can just come across a site and likely check their database to see if it's registered with them...but even that isn't fullproof.
                        Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

• QueTrek
                          • Jan 2001

how?

can anyone pirate a vb ? I d/l a lite version and it's cool and al,l but hacking it; HOW? Thas imoraly wrong... and anyways how do you pirate it, would someone sell reg copies? who knows , but I know that people are desperate when i comes down to paying for something (ugh)... I'll report anyone if they are hacking or sell illegal copies........

Comment

• Marco
                            • Nov 2000
                            • 3.8.x

can anyone pirate a vb ? I d/l a lite version and it's cool and al,l but hacking it; HOW? Thas imoraly wrong... and anyways how do you pirate it, would someone sell reg copies? who knows , but I know that people are desperate when i comes down to paying for something (ugh)... I'll report anyone if they are hacking or sell illegal copies........
                            There actually are websites who offer it for download... they're hard to find but they exist. I know I saw one once. Mind you I didn't download it, it was an old verison anyway (1.1.3 IIRC).

Edit -- just to clear things up, I wouldn't have downloaded it if it had been a more recent version either . If I were to use vBulletin, I'd buy it.

[Edited by Marco on 01-22-2001 at 03:38 PM]

Comment

• Me2Be
                              Lady Moderator
                              • Jun 2000

Marco, when you run across those 'available to download for free' sites be sure to email John or James with the details.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...