X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Attachments and post count

Previously a users attachments counted towards their overall post count. I just noticed that a new user (1st post) posted 8 pics but the post count is still 1 not 9. Was this issue fixed recently?
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

Attachments were counting as two posts last I knew. It was seriously interfering with promotions based upon post counts. I know there was an issue in the tracker for the attachments issue. It says it was Fixed January 15th. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-14161

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      That tracker mentions its for the view count. I'm talking about the users post count
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It isn't really a "Post" count in vBulletin 5. With the switch to the Node system, that is a misnomer. Create a new Forum, Blog, Social Group, or Article Category and your "post" count will go up by one. Most people don't notice. The same with photos and attachments. Each one creates a node and are counted as such.

There is an old Bug Report to change this but as far as I am aware, it wasn't worked on in 5.4.5.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok I got that,
      but previously this new user would have had a post count of 9. 8 pics and one text post. Now its just one. I never felt pics should be counted as posts so if this has been corrected as it seems that is good in my opinion