X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vincitydaimo
    • Sep 2018

I am considering moving my UBB board

I am considering moving my UBB board to vBulletin as we have apparently outgrown UBB's capabilities and I am seriously tired of losing good threads simply because UBB can not handle a large number of posts in any one forum.

My question is this: We have a membership based system that allows users to have avatars and as custom status (contributor, etc) ONLY if they are a paid member.

The UBB hack for this was Jimbo's Custom Rank / Status Hack that allowed me to update the status of each individual user thru the CP on a single form that you enter their user number and their 'status' (which included a URL link / HTML to their avatar icon).

Is there anything like this available for vBulletin?

Having this one feature available (as a built in or as a hack) is what is going to make or break my decision to migrate to vBulletin.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

Yes there is a built in usergroup setting "Can Upload Custom Avatars" which can be disabled for any usergroups you do not wish to be able to have avatars. Purchasing a subscription can automatically move users to a usergroup with permission to upload an avatar. You can also move them manually if you choose.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...