This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I'm not privy to what kind of anti-spam software (if any) is running on vBulletin.org these days but if you have anyway to try from a different IP address (a friend's house or such) please see if that makes any difference. I could see that perhaps causing the issue you describe while simultaneously not causing problems for support staff who have checked and re-checked the registration system.

I checked myself as well- no problem.

You are entering 50 as the answer to the golden wedding anniversary?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by User87654

As far as I know, I have never had an account there. All I'm trying to do is register a new account.
    No ad bl ocking so ftware
    Im in the USA

Did you see the part where I said I tried severla different browsers
    Several different computers
    and...my cell phone

I think I've pretty much nailed it down to being a problem on the vBulletin side as other have tried in vain to point out.
    I've also tested this and it works ok so whilst your account here is showing unlicensed, there is not a huge amount we can do.

If you have a vBulletin license, please associate it with your forum account, and then send us a support ticket and we'll see what we can sort out.

To do this, please go here:

...and enter your forum email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Leave a comment:

• rhens
    commented on 's reply
    i've been through the change e-mail settings with them. it took me nearly a year for this place to change it so i could log in and access my products. the time and trouble necessary to fix their shortcomings is more than what they are selling is worth

• User87654
    replied
    blank

Leave a comment:

• User87654
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke

I am trying to replicate this and cannot do so.

Do you use Ad Blocking Software?
    Are you in the EU?
    Did you give consent for EU Regulations?
    As far as I know, I have never had an account there. All I'm trying to do is register a new account.
    No ad bl ocking so ftware
    Im in the USA

Did you see the part where I said I tried severla different browsers
    Several different computers
    and...my cell phone

I think I've pretty much nailed it down to being a problem on the vBulletin side as other have tried in vain to point out.
    Last edited by User87654; Wed 4 Jul '18, 5:25pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by rhens
    i cant either......i quit trying over a year ago. in my case, it was resetting my password for their security purposes......i cant even get them to send me an e-mail response...screw them as far as i'm concerned
    We can't reset passwords or emails in the forums. You have to send a ticket to [email protected] to have your password reset.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by User87654
    I have cleared all cookies and cache.
    I have tried different browsers.
    I have tried from my Cell phone.
    I have tried totally different computers.
    The results are VERY consistent....in a negative way.

What happens is that when I complete the registration Page and hit submit, it goes directory to the LOGIN PAGE, apparently bypassing the mechanisms for actually placing the Registration data into the database.

This EXACT SAME PROBLEM has been pointed out by previous people over many months yet it seems the staff treats each one as if they are ignorant and wrong.

If that site is not accepting registrations then it should be clearly stated.

As an owner of vBulletin License
    This kind of frustration drives people to competing Forum Software and is inexcusable and does not encourage my purchase of a new vBulletin license.

Respectfully,
    FRUSTRATED PERSON
    I am trying to replicate this and cannot do so.

Do you use Ad Blocking Software?
    Are you in the EU?
    Did you give consent for EU Regulations?

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    In your case it's because you no longer have access to the email address you used to set up the vBulletin.com account.

• rhens
    replied
    i cant either......i quit trying over a year ago. in my case, it was resetting my password for their security purposes......i cant even get them to send me an e-mail response...screw them as far as i'm concerned

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Are you showing up as unlicensed? Did you receive an activation code in your vBulletin.com registered email?

Leave a comment:

• User87654
    started a topic I cannot register at Vbulletin.org

I cannot register at Vbulletin.org

I have cleared all cookies and cache.
    I have tried different browsers.
    I have tried from my Cell phone.
    I have tried totally different computers.
    The results are VERY consistent....in a negative way.

What happens is that when I complete the registration Page and hit submit, it goes directory to the LOGIN PAGE, apparently bypassing the mechanisms for actually placing the Registration data into the database.

This EXACT SAME PROBLEM has been pointed out by previous people over many months yet it seems the staff treats each one as if they are ignorant and wrong.

If that site is not accepting registrations then it should be clearly stated.

As an owner of vBulletin License
    This kind of frustration drives people to competing Forum Software and is inexcusable and does not encourage my purchase of a new vBulletin license.

Respectfully,
    FRUSTRATED PERSON