No announcement yet.

Articles home page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My code is an example. I should have been more clear.

I specifically add CSS to the first image to resize it. If you look at my layout, it is using the 1 article then 2 columns layout. This means it will work a little differently. The images in the articles are not using a standard camera ratio. Neither 4:3 or 16:9. I've modified them into banners to fit the needs of the site. You'll need to work with the CSS to make it fit your needs.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Dears Glenn Vergara and Wayne Luke, thank you very much for all your time and advices,
      i can say that 2 among 3 issues are perfectly fixed thanks to you, the point of resizing article's image on articles home page without stretching and losing resolution remains tough issue, i just wanted to make a home page looking to cms wordpress news or something like that, but i failed,

i'll spent time to find out how to set a slider because when i drop "content slide" module nothing appears on the page ! if i failed may be a new topic will help me

Great thanks !

Last edited by bendiesel; Mon 26th Mar '18, 10:58am.

Comment

i just discover that i get bug, the home page looks "almost" ok but when i click on an articles, nothing appears, even after revert css editor... my God
        Last edited by bendiesel; Fri 23rd Mar '18, 8:02am.

Comment

Originally posted by bendiesel View Post
          i just discover that i get bug, the home page looks "almost" ok but when i click on an articles, nothing appears, even after revert css editor... my God
          The page isn't loading at all. This isn't related to anything done in CSS. Did you edit the modules or layout of the Article display page?

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

i just:
            - add css code, even revert css editor
            - edit "article channel display" module: 2 columns / 3 columns...
            - add/delete "content slide" module without any appearance on the page,

that's it, i can't no more access to the posts (articles), even newer articles,
            i did different editing on the "article channel display" module without result
            Last edited by bendiesel; Fri 23rd Mar '18, 10:54am.

Comment

I will uninstall the vb and reinstall it hoping that this bug will not happen again,
              and also hoping that subscribers will not find the previews of the images too small,
              Last edited by bendiesel; Mon 26th Mar '18, 11:52am.

Comment

Working...
              X