Clear All

• Articles home page

Hi, i'd like to ask about 3 points in Articles home page setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbpic.png
Views:	1
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	4388089

1- how to make the article photo as large as the article text (to have the size of the red rectangle) ?
    2- how to make the article title as long as the article text ? we can see the waste of blank..
    3- this is not a question but we can see in the red ellipse that the line is not clean when we make 2 or 3 column layout

i'm very grateful for your help..

1) you have to resize it with css.

2) Not sure why it is breaking up like that. What version is this?

3) Again, what version is this?

https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles

The CSS that I used on that site is posted in the forums.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi, thank you very much for your time, i'm using 5.4, and i get these 3 points just after a clean install,

i already tested your CSS code, and i get this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	1 Size:	240.4 KB ID:	4388094

as we can see :
      - only the pic in the first article is stretched : pixels
      - the layout is not clean as your site https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles

Comment

Don't know what the problem is with a screenshot. You will have to work with the CSS to get a solution that works for you. My solution should work without issues but I haven't tested it anywhere except that site. I am just trying to provide customization examples so people know what can be done with the software.

Wayne Luke

Comment

the same issues will definitely appears when one test articles page with 2 or 3 columns, may be the VB developers should find solution in the next update to make it more clean, repair titles issue and make it easy to just resize a pic in a more logical appearance

Comment

If you believe there is a bug and want the developers to look at it, please log it in the tracker (link at the top).
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by bendiesel View Post
              the same issues will definitely appears when one test articles page with 2 or 3 columns, may be the VB developers should find solution in the next update to make it more clean, repair titles issue and make it easy to just resize a pic in a more logical appearance
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              If you believe there is a bug and want the developers to look at it, please log it in the tracker (link at the top).
              This is actually three different JIRAs....
              • "Make it more clean" is a JIRA though it would receive very little traction because it is vague and an opinion. As presented it is not something that can actually be worked on.
              • "repair titles issue" is a second JIRA but it appears to be limited to his site and/or language for some reason.
              • Allowing the admin to set the size of preview images or "resizing the image" is the third JIRA.

Wayne Luke

Comment

the purpose to be more clean is just about the line not "straight" in areas encircled by red ellipses

Comment

The item marked as #3 in the first post is caused by the top border applied to each item. You can see it more clearly here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	4388277

You can adjust this by setting the top border to 0px. Below is the code that sets it:

Code:
                  .conversation-list.stream-view .list-item {
                      border-top: 1px solid #C8CCCE;
                  Just override this CSS.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The title wrapping is caused by this CSS:

Code:
                    .conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
                        width: 60%;
                    }
                    This is for mobile device compatibility. Changing it may break the display on devices with smaller screens. However, you can probably use a media query to adjust it for the desktop only.

Wayne Luke

Comment

You can easily target desktop without worrying about the device width in the media query by simply prefixing the CSS rule with .l-desktop which is the class in the body tag. vB5 dynamically adds l-desktop, l-small, l-xsmall classes based on device width on page load, window resize and orientation change events.

Code:
                      .l-desktop .conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
                          width: 80%;
                      }

AutoLinker-vB5+vBCloud | NavMenu Dropdown-vB5+vBCloud | TimedSticky | Video Attachments Player | Blur Replies for Guests | Drag/Drop Upload | Topic Starter Ribbon | Topic AJAX Auto-Update

Comment

Hi, i'd like to ask about 3 points in Articles home page setting:

Click image for larger version  Name:	vbpic.png Views:	1 Size:	185.6 KB ID:	4388089

1- how to make the article photo as large as the article text (to have the size of the red rectangle) ?
                        2- how to make the article title as long as the article text ? we can see the waste of blank..
                        3- this is not a question but we can see in the red ellipse that the line is not clean when we make 2 or 3 column layout

i'm very grateful for your help..
                        - second and third issues were perfectly fixed ! Dears Wayne Luke and Glenn Vergara i'm really grateful for your precious time, deep thanks !

- for the first issue i'm almost embarrassed to ask you again if there is a simple code to resize the image as long as the article text without stretching and loosing pixels,,

God bless you

Comment

There is no way to resize the image without stretching. It shouldn't lose pixels.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hi, thank you very much for your time, i'm using 5.4, and i get these 3 points just after a clean install,

i already tested your CSS code, and i get this:

Click image for larger version Name:	pic2.png Views:	1 Size:	240.4 KB ID:	4388094

as we can see :
                            - only the pic in the first article is stretched : pixels
                            - the layout is not clean as your site https://forums.rabidbadger.io/articles
                            OK, but i tried to use your code in different ways (2 columns, 3 columns, 1 full width and 2 columns...) and i get always the first image of the first article stretched:

first case:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	202.8 KB ID:	4388347

second case:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	211.2 KB ID:	4388348

Comment

Don't set a fixed height on images. Set height: auto; in the CSS to preserve the aspect ratio.

AutoLinker-vB5+vBCloud | NavMenu Dropdown-vB5+vBCloud | TimedSticky | Video Attachments Player | Blur Replies for Guests | Drag/Drop Upload | Topic Starter Ribbon | Topic AJAX Auto-Update

Comment

Working...
                              X