X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoRoger
    • Nov 2012

Vbulletin.com Can't multiquote and changing quotes erases content

Hi guys.

don't know where to post this since I don't have a vb5... but I am trying to multiquote on the forum here and it's not working I select multiple quotes but only the first selected quote appears.. and I typed a reply and was going to remove one of the many quotes which were selected but not appeared just to avoid the problem or hitting replying and all of the sudden i have empty quotes without responses, but what happened was that removing a selection of one of the quotes erased my entire reply .. it's weird... multiquote not working properly..
    Trying to make a living while helping others! www.beingled.com
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

It actually works, its just totally unobvious how .......

The first post you hit 'Quote' on will indeed be copied into the reply, after that, you will see a button appear, top left of the page, that says "Post Reply (n)" where nn is the total number of posts you want quoted - click on that, and it will insert them all into the reply box.

Hardly anyone realises this is how it works (I had no idea, I used to think it broken as well).
    I have no explanation for why such a bizarre and unintuative system is used, instead of just copying each one to the reply as you click quote.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• HugoRoger
      • Nov 2012

I see! thank you so much for explaining this. I have tried using multiquote in several vb forums before but never really got to figure it out but now I know how to..

thank you!

Originally posted by HugoRoger
      Hi guys.

don't know where to post this since I don't have a vb5... but I am trying to multiquote on the forum here and it's not working I select multiple quotes but only the first selected quote appears.. and I typed a reply and was going to remove one of the many quotes which were selected but not appeared just to avoid the problem or hitting replying and all of the sudden i have empty quotes without responses, but what happened was that removing a selection of one of the quotes erased my entire reply .. it's weird... multiquote not working properly..
      Originally posted by Paul M
      It actually works, its just totally unobvious how .......

The first post you hit 'Quote' on will indeed be copied into the reply, after that, you will see a button appear, top left of the page, that says "Post Reply (n)" where nn is the total number of posts you want quoted - click on that, and it will insert them all into the reply box.

Hardly anyone realises this is how it works (I had no idea, I used to think it broken as well).
      I have no explanation for why such a bizarre and unintuative system is used, instead of just copying each one to the reply as you click quote.
      Trying to make a living while helping others! www.beingled.com

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Just to be clear, this is in vB5 only.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment