• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexTheRota
    • Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

www.vbulletin.com breaks on page load

Hello,

For quite some time I have been struggling to use this website www.vbulletin.com because of broken pages on load (see attached). This occurs on my Mac Pro, with all available browsers.

To overcome this I must refresh the page many times (dozens sometimes). This can be circumvented if I clear cookies associated with this website, but that logs me out. Logging in triggers the broken page issue.

It seems like something in the head or header for your site is not coming through correctly, as the HTML displayed starts with a link to a style sheet.

Please let me know if this is a client side issue, or if you need more information to trouble shoot this.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

This seems to be an issue on your browser. Does the same issue occur on other browsers on the same computer?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• AlexTheRota
      • Jun 2015
      • 5.1.x

Yes, all browsers.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Ok. You already mentioned that in the first post and I missed it. How about if you try other computer? It's just so weird that the page has no doctype, html and head tags. If this happens for all users then people would start complaining. I suspect there must be something on your system that's causing this.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• AlexTheRota
          AlexTheRota commented
          Editing a comment
          I've requested QA to test the link, and they report it loads for them... How deeply they explored it, or how hard they hit it is unclear. All I know for sure is on average 9/10 page loads on this website fail for me.

So, what could it be about this Macbook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015) running Yosemite (v 10.10.5 14F1509), with all browsers up to date, that causes this page to break frequently?

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Try other computer to rule out computer issue. Then if it still occurs on other computers, then it could be the internet connection you're using. Then try using other internet connection using your Mac and see what happens.
      • AlexTheRota
        • Jun 2015
        • 5.1.x

So on a different internet connection, I still experience the issue. Perhaps less frequently. But still while loading random pages on the forum. This does not happen, for example on wikipedia.org or facebook.com.

I think this is related to cookies. When I clear the cookies for your site via the URL "Page" icon, these forums load immediately. But, once I have the cookies, it loads as the attachment above.

Additionally, others are not reproducing the issue. It does seem to be some how specific to this machine.
        Last edited by AlexTheRota; Tue 21 Jun '16, 7:05pm. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you tried rebooting your machine?
      • Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We will look into the issue. Currently, I am not able to recreate it. Have you tried using a different operating system? Do you have any ad blockers installed?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AlexTheRota
          • Jun 2015
          • 5.1.x

Hello Wayne,

I do not have any other OS on this mac laptop (e.g. parallels or bootcamp or what ever). There are no ad-blocking extensions. I have postman, and a netbeans, but I have disabled them, and then reproduced the error.

I can reproduce the error by clearing all cookies (via the page icon in the URL bar), then clearing the cache and reloading the page to get to a base line page load. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.16.43 PM.png
Views:	91
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	4345655

I then load a page, such as http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...s-and-feedback which will load fine (with or with out me logged out). I then navigate by clicking links, generally traveling back through the breadcrumbs links. Usually when I hit "Home" it breaks, resulting in the screenshot on the original post above.

I can then remove (via the 'page' icon in the URL bar) the vbj_sessionhash and reload the page reloads fine, with me still logged in.

Could it be the case that something about my browser / computer situation corrupts the cookie some how?
          Last edited by AlexTheRota; Wed 22 Jun '16, 11:26am. Reason: Additional details to the logged in truthy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...