X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhett HS
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Confused

I purchased a Vbull cloud hosted forum recently. It said i could set up a forum in 15minutes. Not me, i am afraid. It has taken me two weeks just to get here.

It seems that i have to keep registering multiple times in order to be able to access things? I registered for my 'cloud panel', if that is what it is called. I then tried to use that information to get into my forum, but it was no good. I managed to finally get onto my own forum, so that was the second registration i think. Then i thought i could use that to get into the vbull user support forum, but no, that doesnt work. So i finally realised i have to register a third time?

I think i have been forced into more than one user name, its all confused now, and more than one password.

When i purchased i was sent an email about Cname. I thought i had purchased cloud hosting? Why havent i been given DNS settings to input into my domain host?

Rhett
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Your forum, this forum and your members account are all different systems, so yes, you have to have a username and password for each. Just like if you have three cars, you have a key for each. As for dns, a cname is a (your) dns setting, if you are using your own domain.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Rhett HS
      • May 2016
      • 5.2.x

Hmm. I havent been here for a little while. Coming back i notice posts by myself and others are missing. What is going on? I still dont have an answer to a really basic question.

I thought i was purchasing a forum hosted on the cloud by vbulletin, but i keep being told i need a second host. It seems i need two hosts, and to pay for these two hosts.

I have my own domain, but i am unable to directly link that domain with my forum.

Rhett

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

No posts are missing, you have two threads with the same title, closing this one.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment