X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonByte Tech
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

Advanced search option broken?

When trying to search using the OR search term (e.g. vBulletin OR vB or vB4) no results are given. Searching for the same terms individually gives results. Using the OR command is specifically recommended under "search tips" when making an advanced search.

Is this a vb.com problem or is the search function broken like this on vb5 in general?
    www.Dragonbyte-tech.com
  • craigyb
    • Jun 2008

I copied your query exactly 'vBulletin OR vB or vB4'
    It works great for me.

Comment

• DragonByte Tech
      • May 2011
      • 4.1.x

Interesting. I just checked and it only seems to break when you include a time period to search in.

DBTech OR DragonByte has 120 results, 6 of which occur this year. If you set the search date to be from April 2015 until today, you get no results back. Can you let me know if you get the same result craigyb
      www.Dragonbyte-tech.com

Comment

• pmquist
        • Jan 2006
        • 5.7.X

Interesting: DBTech OR DragonByte gives me 116 hits. And the search from april 1 2015 to today gives me 32 hits.

Comment

• DragonByte Tech
          • May 2011
          • 4.1.x

Re-testing it today and it works fine. Odd. Oh well, all's well that ends well.
          www.Dragonbyte-tech.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

We have an outstanding issue to rebuild the search indexes on this site. We use the Sphinx search engine so it isn't something we can do directly. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue. Search on other sites shouldn't be affected.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...