X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Glover
    • Mar 2016
    • 3.8.x

Unfair termination of license

If this is posted wrongly, please move correctly.

I own a vbulletin license. I also run my own webhosting company.

Recently, vBulletin issued me a warning for multiple license usage, which to my knowledge, did not happen. I believe vBulletin when they say it happened because a few days before they informed me, I noticed a breach of our servers.

Since then, my license got terminated until a investigation could be raised.

They told me I needed to remove my version of the forum whilst the hacked copy was still running.

I complied because i didn't want to lose the license.

A few days ago, I reactivated my site since the hacked copy went offline. I have issued a DMCA so I thought it worked.

Since then, its been indefinitely suspended, and now I face charges for multiple license usage.

I have no part to play in the hacked files and if anything it effects me and my company.

I simply want MY license that I PAID for.

Vbulletin claims the piracy department is looking into it but i've not heard from anyone.

They keep saying its my fault.

If this is not allowed, fair enough but at least somebody tell me what I have actually done!

Thanks.
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

This is a private matter, I suggest you contact the sales or piricy departments, its not going to be resolved by a forum thread. Closed.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...