X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CapeHaze
    • Jan 2015
    • 3.6.x

Registration doesn't work with cookies disabled

With cookies turned off in Chrome, when I tried to register the vbulletin forum tells me "bot check failed" over and over even though I entered the captcha correctly. I tried entering the captcha 10 times and kept getting a bot check failed message. I didn't remember that I had disabled cookies. It would be nice if a more helpful message were presented, e.g. you must enable cookies to register.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin requires that cookies be enabled for normal operation. This isn't going to change in the near future. The error message could be more friendly though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CapeHaze
      • Jan 2015
      • 3.6.x

Also I noticed that with cookies disabled, I actually got 10 vbulletin-generated emails that my account was created, click here to activate (even though in my browser I got a "bot check failed" error message.) However, clicking those links resulted in no such user error messages.
      Probably it's a rare situation to encounter someone with cookies turned off, but it would be handy to a few if the error message made it clear that it was a cookie issue next time that section is gone through. Had me going for a few minutes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...