X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big.blue
    • Oct 2010

PhotoPost is ment for vBulletin.

I have PhotoPost integrated with vBulletin. It's a suburb gallery addition. Given that vBulletin has nothing even close to it, why not take the company over? PhotoPost is not run very well in spite of a great preforming gallery product. What a perfect fit.
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by big.blue
    I have PhotoPost integrated with vBulletin. It's a suburb gallery addition. Given that vBulletin has nothing even close to it, why not take the company over? PhotoPost is not run very well in spite of a great preforming gallery product. What a perfect fit.
    The massive downfall to that thought is that it would need a complete rewrite for vbulletin 5 and therefore its not actually worth much to IB as a company IMO
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by soniceffect
      The massive downfall to that thought is that it would need a complete rewrite for vbulletin 5 and therefore its not actually worth much to IB as a company IMO
      You have not used Photopost Pro or are not familiar with it?
      It would not need a complete rewrite at all.

None the less, Photopost Pro caters to all forum software and as a separate system from vb it lacks full integration. This is something where vb5 may outperform Photopost Pro on at some point in time. Or maybe not.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• soniceffect
        • Feb 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Alfa1
        You have not used Photopost Pro or are not familiar with it?
        It would not need a complete rewrite at all.

None the less, Photopost Pro caters to all forum software and as a separate system from vb it lacks full integration. This is something where vb5 may outperform Photopost Pro on at some point in time. Or maybe not.
        Yes I have used it, however was quite a while ago. At the time it did offer full integration with vbulletin and hence the reason I stated would need complete rewrite.
        Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Alfa1
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by soniceffect
          Yes I have used it, however was quite a while ago. At the time it did offer full integration with vbulletin and hence the reason I stated would need complete rewrite.
          They have a product called vbgallery which is fully integrated, but does not have many features. Its pretty much on the back burner and has been for many years.
          Photopost Pro works without affecting vbulletin. There are a few vbulletin 4 widgets that they offer. There is a single sign on. But other than that, its completely isolated.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know what or if any acquisition plans are in place as we make our transition into a vBulletin 5 era. However I am sure any relevant acquisitions will be announced when the management team is ready.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment