How come I can't post in the groups area?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
    Sometimes when you install something in your machine, there is a setting in the installation wizard of installing some add-ons/extensions by default. That's why I always choose "Custom" when there are options for "Typical" or "Custom" installation and uncheck those kinds of sneaky defaults.
    I know: That's how I got the "savingtoyou" program earlier this summer. I don't recollect allowing it though and I usually choose "custom". This thing appears to have been "SoftCoup" and I think I've now killed it. No idea how I got it though. The only free download I've downloaded recently was a Filezilla update. Firefox just updated on my machine but I can't think why Firefox updating would have left me vulnerable to malware.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by jdj
      I've just tried to contribute to a group discussion (by hitting comment) only to find that I wasn't authorized to post.

Why is that I'm not authorized to post in the groups area?

The error message I get is...

"Error: You are not authorized to create this post."

I can't see anything anywhere telling me I have to join the group to reply or contribute.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/socia...ow-than-in-vb4

PS: At the bottom of the page as I view it there's a note saying "sorry you are not authorized to view this page." I can see I'm logged in and I can see the page. I just can't post and I can't see why that is.

Have you joined the group? Most groups require membership before you can post to them. The Join Button is on the group's main page:
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment