• Aug 2003

Is impex still supported?

Or are the impex folks on vacation?
    sigpic
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by trackpads
    Or are the impex folks on vacation?
    As far as I have seen there is no one supporting it.

Comment

• trackpads
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by borbole
      As far as I have seen there is no one supporting it.
      Why wouldnt they? Is there a newer one? If I am missing something let me know!
      sigpic

Comment

• Deimos
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.8.x

They did have a dedicated developer for it, but since he left, it's rarely been updated

Don't know why, the curse of Internet brands I assume.

Comment

• Dustin L.
          • Mar 2011
          • 4.2.X

I believe it's being updated for vB5.

http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
          http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The current IMPEX is not being developed at this time. We support the modules as listed in the Manual system with primary focus on Tier 1 modules.

vBulletin 5 will require a new import system and that is where the focus is going to go as far as I am aware.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dustin L.
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.2.X

Thanks for the clarification, Wayne.

http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
              http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• trackpads
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                The current IMPEX is not being developed at this time. We support the modules as listed in the Manual system with primary focus on Tier 1 modules.

vBulletin 5 will require a new import system and that is where the focus is going to go as far as I am aware.
                Well what the hell? Isnt that something you should post somewhere? Like in the Impex forum or better yet when you download it from the members area?

I have had a ticket in for two days (or 1.5 not sure) about an issue converting one of the supported forums. Does that mean none are supported or what are you saying? Am I screwed then?

-Jason
                sigpic

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by trackpads
                  Well what the hell? Isnt that something you should post somewhere? Like in the Impex forum or better yet when you download it from the members area?

I have had a ticket in for two days (or 1.5 not sure) about an issue converting one of the supported forums. Does that mean none are supported or what are you saying? Am I screwed then?

-Jason
                  Not sure why an announcement is needed. ImpEx is supported the same as it has been according to the documentation. Only difference is there isn't active development at the moment. I don't know why your ticket hasn't been picked up but I have assigned it to the person with the most knowledge about upgrades and imports.

Tier 1

Tier one systems are fully supported by the support team, they are the most active and common imports that customers do.

These importers were either upgraded or have been recently developed as all new importers are tier one.

Tier 2

Systems in this tier are the less common imports and legacy systems. Tier 2 systems can be promoted to tier 1 if there is enough demand, or retired to tier 3 when the source system reaches end of life or demand falls below a level that makes their existence viable.

Tier 3

This is the graveyard of importers, these importers are not supported. There are three reasons imports make it here. Firstly is because their source system has reached it's end of life and the source data model isn't changing any more so there are going to be no future updates. Secondly, that demand for them is so low that it is not viable to offer support for them as it makes no business sense (though the importer is here for people who want to delve into it).

Thirdly, that the source system is such a challenge to import from that the time typically taken for each import far out weights any sensible decision to try to support each individual import that would take hours per client with customizations.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...