Just noticed that all of the downloads in the members area are Patches.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussiefooty
    • Nov 2008
    • 6.0.X

Any reason why they are all patches?
    Also the config.php is missing in them just in case for those who are wanting to create a full install.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Your not in the correct place is all you see are patches. Click on "Members" in the toolbar and you can download the entire package as normal.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Your not in the correct place is all you see are patches. Click on "Members" in the toolbar and you can download the entire package as normal.
      Wrong. I am in the members area. Each and every one of the packages are patches. Even when I went to look up the documentation each of the things were patches and not the entire package.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Riasat
        • Aug 2006

From your account:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	3689410

When you click on there, it will take you to (by default) 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 download. It is a full package download.
        Config.php is provided as config.php.new. Although your previous config.php will work just fine.

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

Then the config.php file can't be found when you go to fix it all up.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
            Then the config.php file can't be found when you go to fix it all up.
            As CvP wrote, look for config.php.new in the package.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Config.php has never been in the package, config.php.new has waiting for you to rename it as per the documentation.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Wrong. I am in the members area. Each and every one of the packages are patches. Even when I went to look up the documentation each of the things were patches and not the entire package.
                As stated, you are on the wrong page in the member's Area..

If all you see are patches then you are here: http://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php

You need to be here: http://members.vbulletin.com/

Then you can click on the link that CVP provided and download the entire package. As Trevor stated, there is no config.php in the package and there never has been a config.php in the package. It is name config.php.new so people don't overwrite their config.php on upgrading and is done purposefully.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aussiefooty
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  As stated, you are on the wrong page in the member's Area..

If all you see are patches then you are here: http://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php

You need to be here: http://members.vbulletin.com/

Then you can click on the link that CVP provided and download the entire package. As Trevor stated, there is no config.php in the package and there never has been a config.php in the package. It is name config.php.new so people don't overwrite their config.php on upgrading and is done purposefully.
                  And all of the things on the drop down menu are patches. Take a look.
                  Oh and trevor every package i have downloaded have had config.php in it.
                  Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• AdrianH
                    • Sep 2007

No, they are not. The packages are labelled correctly as v 4.0.6 patch level 1 or v3.8.6 patch level 2 etc.

And as Trevor said the config file is and always has been config.php.new.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

No they are not.
                      The name simply reflects what patch level each version is currently at.

So for example, 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 is the full 4.2.0 download - 4.2.0 is currently at Patch Level 1, when the next PL is released, it will become Patch Level 2.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

OK, download all the ZIP files, open one and tke a screenshot and post it here please. If it shows a config.php file rather than config.php.new, I'll apologise...
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• aussiefooty
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6.0.X

Name:	patch.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	3689427
                          Screenshot of what it is I am talking about. Have a look at the link Wayne. I am in the right place.
                          Oh and Trevor, when you said that there isn't a config.php.new file in there - It goes missing. So maybe you need to understand without me being rude to you, you need to think and perhaps not be a smartipants about it.
                          Same with you PaulM. Take a look at the screenshot here. You said they aren't when you take a look at the dropdown menu you will find they are all patches.
                          I'm simply pointing out to you a bug that you need to get somebody to fix up because how can new people use the software when they are all patches?
                          A patch fixes up slight bugs and stuff that needs to be fixed.

Name:	configprob.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	3689428
                          There you go Trevor. You need to apologise
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Anders P
                            • Feb 2002

Well it seems you don't understand how things work regarding "pathces". When a patch is released the full download version gets updated to include the patch as well (in other words if one download after a patch is released one don't need to download an additional patch for that version), all versions are renamed to show that they are up to date with the latest patch.

As for your scrrenshot I can't see you showing a config.php in your downloaded package, just on your site (remote)??
                            Anders Pettersson
                            Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                            If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                            Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Michael König
                              • May 2001
                              • 3.6.x

There you go Trevor. You need to apologise
                              No he doesn't.
                              You said in your downloads is a "config.php" file (without the ".new" extension):
                              Trevor never said this:
                              Oh and Trevor, when you said that there isn't a config.php.new file in there
                              He just told you there is a config.php.new but no "config.php" (without the ".new" extension).

Also please note what Paul told you in post #11:
                              Originally posted by Paul M
                              So for example, 4.2.0 Patch Level 1 is the full 4.2.0 download - 4.2.0 is currently at Patch Level 1, when the next PL is released, it will become Patch Level 2.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...