Oh well since I cant post it in the feedback/suggestion forum...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eugenie2000
    • Aug 2000

Oh well since I cant post it in the feedback/suggestion forum...

We can't post in the feedback/suggestion forum!

It's absolutely horrid that when I search for a specific term and click on one of the result threads I end up with ten pages to look through.

I don't have a problem with long threads, but I hate
    going through every single page to find my search
    term and the relating post. Even with CTRL-F it becomes tedious.

It would be nice if the links to the pages which contain my search term are
    highlighted, so I won't have to wade through page after page looking for the related posts. (I'm talking about the links inside the thread, labeled [1] [2] [3]
    etc.....)

-Eugene Franco
    Last edited by Eugenie2000; Tue 7 Sep '04, 9:57pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Actually you can choose to return the posts rather than topics. This way you will only see the actuall posts that have the term(s).
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Search using the "Show results as posts" option and then click the post title not the thread title and as Steve said you will be taken directly to the post that contains your query.

Comment

• Eugenie2000
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Search using the "Show results as posts" option and then click the post title not the thread title and as Steve said you will be taken directly to the post that contains your query.
        I am aware of this method but it is very inefficient for certain purposes. When you use "Show results as posts" the resulting posts are spread all over the place and are not grouped by thread.

If a thread has multiple posts relating to my search term, using the "Show results as posts" method will be arduous because each result displays only one post per thread.

Posts from different threads many times go in between posts from other threads. This results in the posts from the thread you're concentrating on to be spread all over the result pages.

Regards,
        Eugene Franco
        Last edited by Eugenie2000; Tue 7 Sep '04, 9:58pm.

Comment