X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vB5 is bad12321
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

So many terrible vBulletin 5 issues.

So, the site admins and I have been running vBulletin 4 for a long time. So when we decided to buy vB5 we thought it would be like vB4 but even better. What we thought was going to be the sites best improvement decided to be the sites worst nightmare. We have over 500 active members a day on the site, and everyone was excited when they saw the error message saying we're going to vB5. So the next day after upgrading I wake up and the most posted place in the forum is the "Suggestions and Error Reports."
    The top complains happened to be:
    "vBulletin 5 isn't as good as I thought it would be"
    "I'm not able to post"
    "All the vB5 themes are broken"
    "The site is constantly glitching out and breaking"
    "I can't figure out how to post, how to edit my profile, how to edit my settings, or how to fancy my post."
    The second most posted place that morning was the "Introductions and Goodbyes" section, and inside there the most posted was the "Goodbye" board. All the goodbye explanations had to do with vBulletin, unfixable vBulletin glitches, and just how the site looked in general.
    The admins have been noticing that the site is slower, harder to use, more glitchy, and no plugins/add-ons work anymore. The site used to have 500+ on everyday and now in just literally a week we're seeing only 150+ and if we're lucky 200+ every TWO days.

If vBulletin doesn't do something that will allow downgrades, all the hard work and effort that has gone into our site will be gone as well as the 500+ active members a day. PLEASE ALLOW DOWNGRADES
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

-----

However if it is new upgrade, to downgrade all you need to do is restore the database backup that you created before the upgrade.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...