When I try to post something, I see endless "working" notice and it looks like I'm starting downloading something

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan_SP
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

When I try to post something, I see endless "working" notice and it looks like I'm starting downloading something

This is very interesting. I'm not often here on vBcom, but I received notice about passwords. So, I wanted to comment something here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ds-to-be-reset

Anyway, I tried to post something (you can read, if you want it), after I pressed post reply I started to download something??? Also, there was endless "working" in top center of screen. I made two attempts, after that I just went out of thread and saw that my post was actually posted.

So, working with vB5 is more shocking and awe inspiring that even the worst description I had read. Users couldn't post normally posts. Just to say, I own two vB licenses, I manage my own server, not that this is first post I try to make on vB platform. And yes, I don't know how to post on vB5 platform. This is really educating experience for me.

Maybe it would help you to know, I'm using Opera. But still, number of bugs and places where they are is very interesting.

I must say, I'm very interested how posting this topic will go now when I try to post it. My fingers are crossed.
  • Alan_SP
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Hey, this is excellent.

Everything was the same. Again I tried to download something after I pressed Post, endless "working" was there too, but I'm much wiser man now. I knew that this are things that don't need to bother me, thread was created, I checked this as I reloaded Site Feedback forum (this one). And yes, I report here how I'm thrilled to see that posting is possible on vB5.0.5, even if it don't look like it actually works.

Great, you really make excellent software.

For those of you who are irony blind, I'm pretty much ironic, sarcastic and very sad right now. I like vB very much as platform. But, who to explain to my users how to post their posts on vB5 platform if it is such pleasant experience?

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

Is this forum software, or a VPN connection to IB's office?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The issue is due to Internet Explorer and a couple other browsers not being able to handle the mimetype of application/json properly. We have fixes for that upcoming in the 5.1.0 release.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Alan_SP
          • Nov 2009
          • 3.8.x

Excellent, I see you're using vB5.1 and I still couldn't post without endless "working" and downloading button, or something. Yes, this must be error with my browser, of course.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

What browser are you using as I cannot recreate this in IE11, Chrome 32 or Firefox 27.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Alan_SP
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.8.x

Opera 12.16

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

We don't support the legacy versions of Opera. We only support Opera Next versions which use Webkit/Blink as their engines.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by feldon23

Is this forum software, or a VPN connection to IB's office?
                  This should be fixed in 5.1.1. It is actually caused by PHP notices being injected into the JSON stream in some cases. It took awhile to track down completely.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment