why does Vbulletin even have a phone number if you're not going to answer it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailnet
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

why does Vbulletin even have a phone number if you're not going to answer it?

I've been trying to call your 877 number for 20 minutes this morning and all I get is a recorded message to leave a message.

is this what I spent my money on? - No support?

I am trying to get my customer number so that I can login to my account but there are no links on the website to get my customer number emailed to me and I have not received a response to a support ticket I opneed up yesterday morning - your support is pathetic.
  • sailnet
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

2 hours have gone by and still no response to my support tickets and still no answer on the telephone - is vb still in business?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

AS far as I am aware the phone number is working. I'll have someone look into it. However you left a message then someone would have called you back when they were available.

As for your purchase, it should be added to your existing customer account once the purchase is processed.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sailnet
        • Jan 2006
        • 3.5.x

Wayne - I made the purchase years ago and lost the customer number for logging in and there is no way to retrieve your customer number through the members area - the only think you can do is to request a password reset.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Password reset allows you obtain your customer number as well. However you don't need a customer number to login now. You can use your email address which is the same one as on your forum account here.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sarah_mc
            • Oct 2013

I have found info about vBulletin that it has 24/7 support and this is its most prominent feature. As for me I haven't phoned yet but i use often the forum where I'm looking for the answers I'm interested in. So, what can you say? If I have some problems that need the immediate phone call, can I rely on you or not?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Phone support was never advertised as 24/7- it is only available during normal business hours, Pacific time, Monday - Friday, excluding certain holidays. Forum and ticket support is available 24/7.
              Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Fri 13 Dec '13, 4:11pm. Reason: typo

Comment

• sarah_mc
                • Oct 2013

Thanks for your answer. Now I can see that. But I still think that it's a pity that at some period of time the issues can't be worked out via phone. Moreover, not everyone lives "normal business hours, Pacific time" and there can be some issues that happen during the weekend, etc. Anyway I thank you for your reply however I'm not satisfied with those facts.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately it is not practical to have 24/7 phone support but you can create a support ticket at anytime. There may be a wait for an answer as their are "slower" times but we do have support staff in various timezones so an issue may get answered even in odd-hours in your timezone.

However once a ticket is picked up by a support rep it stays with that rep so it does become subject to their off-hours.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...