X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

No longer a valid customer?

The last thing I tried to do was play around with signatures. Saved it, fine. Figured I'd delete my signature but vBulletin would hear of no such thing. That's fine. I try to get support in my own thread:

Consistent login problems - It has been happening for well over a year and all suggestions I've read haven't helped. I've seen this on other sites too. If you login, you're still not logged in. However if you

Now I notice that I get a message that I need to be a licensed customer in order to get support. It sends me to a message dated back in 2003!

It's probably still relevant. But Steve-O.... I miss you man!!! You would have had this problem solved by now.

Oh, and by the way, the answer to my question in my thread is "default - blank. Not using the ".mysite.com" cookie doman choice."
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

OK... I figured this out. This is a feature by design in the way vBulletin works. Not sure if this is new but I would have preferred the old system and at least useful notification so that anyone who hasn't been a vbulletin admin for almost 13 years can figure out.

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Nope... message is gone and I'm still locked out of posting in anywhere but these forums. Very sad.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Your permissions haven't changed at all. You have the same permissions as any other vBulletin 3/4 customer on this site. That permission setup hasn't changed in at least 4 years.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Your permissions haven't changed at all. You have the same permissions as any other vBulletin 3/4 customer on this site. That permission setup hasn't changed in at least 4 years.
          Wayne - thanks for the reply. I figured out what happened. I changed my email address here in the forum to a different one that I'm now using to administrate accounts too so that they will receive notifications here. That must have broken the access - might be a good idea to let customers know the repercussions before changing your email address in the forum preferences.

I thought that it might be for not confirming the email address, which might not be necessary. After I realized what had happened I tried changing the email address back. Nothing worked for at least a day or so and then eventually it worked it's way out.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

When you're not marked as licensed, a notice should appear. This was marked as "Dismissible" so you might have closed it in the past. I've set it so it will give visual notice at all times if this occurs to others.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
              • Mar 2001
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              When you're not marked as licensed, a notice should appear. This was marked as "Dismissible" so you might have closed it in the past. I've set it so it will give visual notice at all times if this occurs to others.
              Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the update.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...