X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imanutter
    • May 2011
    • 5.0.X

New topics VB5

I am sure there is a post on this and a vote. if so please post link as this forum has

When we use the New topic button. it shows our new topics but not which forum they come from. We have Tappatalk installed on our forums and when we use our phones this is corrected. But if using a PC to view site it does not state which forum the posts was made.

We do need this as we have to click every post to see where it is and its relevance. I tend to only read posts in the admin section as they need to be addressed.

Seems a shame that a third party can get the coding correct but releasing VB5 with out this even though VB has always had this function working on previous releases.

Kind Regards
    CLANIMA
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...IMA_NUTTER.jpg
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

The bread crumbs on top show which forum a topic belongs to.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• cellarius
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

He obviously knows how to locate a thread once he opens it. He specifically asks for the forum to be shown in the new topics search view. He does not want to open every thread to see where it is located. Just the way it was before vB5.

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

I asked about this very same omission a number of versions ago..

In the new topics sidebar the topics are displayed as one would expect but there is no indication of which forum they are in..
        More often than not, I click on the new topic and get taken to a forum of which I have no concern.

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          The bread crumbs on top show which forum a topic belongs to.
          Attached Files

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• imanutter
            • May 2011
            • 5.0.X

thanks for the reply s all. Good to see my post made sense
            The thing I find irritating is we use TAPPATALK on our forums for mobile use. Now they are a third party>>> But yet they have their coding correct as when we use their app it shows like all other previous versions of VB the forum the post was made in...

I dont have time to click every post and see if i need to reply.. I have admins for that job all i am interested in is reading posts in the admins sections as they will need my attention.
            http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...IMA_NUTTER.jpg

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

This is a known issue here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8041

The way to escalate the resolution of this bug is to click on the link above and vote for it. It already has 5 votes but that isn't even enough to consider it a popular issue. For people that use forums daily and as a main part of their workflow, this is a major concern. For developers and product designers, it isn't much of a concern.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

I misunderstood the question. I thought imanutter was referring to the "New Topic" button in the forum page that displays the "Create New Content" page.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment