vBulletin sending "Customer Support" surveys via email now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

Wasn't quite sure where to post this as this is the first time I've actually seen this happen and not sure if this is a legitimate email (hence, the reason I'm posting this).

Anyway, I just got home from work, and while checking my email, I found one that came from Janda, Valerie [[email protected]] with the subject Customer Support. Now, I am assuming that by the internetbrands.com email address that this is in fact a legitimate vBS/IB email. However, I've received several....spam emails lately which appear to come from [email protected] (which I've reported to the FBI on several occasions). Anyway, the contents of the email are as follows:

Dear Brooks Beaty,

You recently sent us a support ticket. At vBulletin, we strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction. To this end, your feedback on your recent experience with vBulletin support will be helpful and appreciated. If you could spare us 2 minutes of your day, please follow the link below to share your feedback with us.

[link removed in case of bogus email]

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Valerie Janda
    So, again, is this a legitimate email from vBS/IB?
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"
  • vjanda
    • Oct 2011

Yes, it is a legitimate email. I'm the new marketing intern for vbulletin.

Comment

• HMBeaty
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by vjanda
      Ok, thank you for that clarification
      "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
      "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"

Comment

• Lawrence Cole
        • Oct 2011

Thanks for alerting us of this. We may have her using a vbulletin email address instead.

Comment

• HMBeaty
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Lawrence Cole
          Thanks for alerting us of this. We may have her using a vbulletin email address instead.
          That may be better as it would lead to less confusion

Comment

• setishock
            • Jun 2005
            • 4.2.x

I'm not getting any mail of that sort. And not that I'm wanting it. But having said that, what is the criteria for getting those email from VB?

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by vjanda
              Welcome, now we know what the vBulletin means.

Comment

• vjanda
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by setishock
                I'm not getting any mail of that sort. And not that I'm wanting it. But having said that, what is the criteria for getting those email from VB?
                These e-mails are sent to those that had a support ticket answered by one of the tech support reps.

Comment

• Lawrence Cole
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by setishock
                  For the emails that Valerie sends out you have to have recently spoken with a tech support staff member. The survey she sends out allows you to give feedback on your experience.

Comment

• Lawrence Cole
                    • Oct 2011

Future emails will now be sent from vbulletin.com email address

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      Well I hope they will contain the company logo Lawrence, otherwise how will we know they are official?
                      It's gone beyond boring now Mark...
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment