my site has been hacked and NO SUPPORT AT ALL FROM VBULLETIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanded
    • Sep 2013
    • 4.1.x

my site has been hacked and NO SUPPORT AT ALL FROM VBULLETIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sent over 8 emails in the last 7 days and no replies!!!!!! But they can still send spam to me asking for more money to upgrade... do you guys ever read your emails????????

I got my site forum set up by Vbulletin and spent the extra money for their tech support??? do you guys treat all customers like this?
  • Teascu Dorin
    • Aug 2010

Delete any suspect plugin from PLUGIN MANAGER, then delete any Admin account that should not be there, then check for styles or languages installed by hackers (if any).
    Finally delete the install directory and any suspect files from your host.
    Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
    CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
    Romanian Translator
    Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

The last ticket we have from you was in 2011.

Please open a ticket by visiting http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport instead of sending an email that is seemingly ending up somewhere else.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sanded
        • Sep 2013
        • 4.1.x

thanks Wayne i will........ I have already sent emails to sales/support/ contact/ techsupport and no answer!!!! I will do this now...but still dont understand that you guys dont read emails... last ticket was then when set up and havent needed anything until now... but customer service would be good if you answer emails.

Thanks teascu cant do anything as they have deleted everything so have no files/ imput directory/ plug in manager to go to!! Security Dr@gon was the hackker and they targeted vbulletin forums then deleted my website as well recovered website in 20 min with great customer service but still no reply to my emails from vbulletin to see if can recover anything of my forums

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Support isn't provided by email, it's provided via the ticket system.. An email to the support address should create a ticket but as with anything automated this can't be guaranteed.
          The safest way is to use the ticket system which Wayne has linked to.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by sanded
            Thanks teascu cant do anything as they have deleted everything so have no files/ imput directory/ plug in manager to go to!!
            Your welcome. Sorry about your case.
            Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
            CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
            Romanian Translator
            Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by sanded
              thanks Wayne i will........ I have already sent emails to sales/support/ contact/ techsupport and no answer!!!! I will do this now...but still dont understand that you guys dont read emails... last ticket was then when set up and havent needed anything until now... but customer service would be good if you answer emails.
              If you sent the email from a different one than is on your account, then they are most likely awaiting you to verify who you are via the reply we sent., This is done to keep spam down to a minimum. Until you verify the email address, we will never see them.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sanded
                • Sep 2013
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

If you sent the email from a different one than is on your account, then they are most likely awaiting you to verify who you are via the reply we sent., This is done to keep spam down to a minimum. Until you verify the email address, we will never see them.
                Nope, I sent email through the one registered... until i posted on this forum I didnt get any replies... now I got one reply saying that "First you need to follow our advisory about deleting the install folder off your forums. " As I said in my email I sent back a day ago (no reply again???? ) How do I do this? Where is this advisory? is there a youtube video to show how?
                When I put in my address for my forum http://www.sanded.com.au/forum.php ...... it says"No input file specified." ?????????

Then was told to go to a blog link about fixing the hack.... went there and then clicked on link www.myvbulletinforum.com/forumfolder/admincp/tools.php... it didnt work server not found "can't find the server at www.myvbulletinforum.com."

I paid for Vbulletin to set up this forum through their tech support?????? and I used only once? now I gather my tech support has expired... so thats why no one is answering me??? can you please reply to my email and help me.. even though I spent money with you setting up my forum (and I think Vbulletin should fix it as they didn't give me any info about deleting install folders back then...) what is the cost for you guys to fix up properly again? (seeing I don't understand what i'm supposed to do to fix this as I thought I was paying for support??)

CAN ANYONE HELP????? looking at your blog post that I was told to read through and fix myself (even though VBulletin installed) http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...ve-been-hacked im not the only one who has been hit by this hacker and there is other customers that cant understand how to fix?? SO PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

You have already been told what to do, read post #3 again and create a ticket.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...