X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by TLMD

You can click "Quote" below all posts you want to be quoted. Then click "Post Reply (x)" in the floating bar and all selected quotes get inserted in the editor.
    I don't see any.. oh now I see the bar, I guess I just blocked that out of my eyesight since I'm looking at the bottom of the page. O_o
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Shameless plug.
      You can install my Quote Selected Text user script to quote multiple posts (even in different pages in a thread) without clicking the Post Reply button. But as the name says, it only quotes the selected text in a post, which is sometimes or most of the times what you actually want.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Loco.M
        This whole thread about the "New threads" search link. (Check the OP)
        Oh, I see, you are still talking about the "New Topics" link.
        N/m then, I thought you had moved on from that, and were talking about opening individual new threads now.

I already commented on the "New Topics" link in post #15, yes, thats quite slow at times.
        I just clicked on the link and it took 15 seconds, not at all good,but still not seeing over a minute.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Paul M
          Oh, I see, you are still talking about the "New Topics" link.
          N/m then, I thought you had moved on from that, and were talking about opening individual new threads now.

I already commented on the "New Topics" link in post #15, yes, thats quite slow at times.
          I just clicked on the link and it took 15 seconds, not at all good,but still not seeing over a minute.
          My post in this thread have always been about the incredible slowness of the "new threads" link.. the most used link on all forums I've been on.
          Has any staff that have been getting these sub 20 second load times tried what was suggested on page 2 or 3, which was to create a new account that isn't checking the forums several times a day.. check back after a week and see that it takes well over a minute for that search page to load.

Nothing has improved at all, there was one day where I was getting search results in less then a minute but that was surely a fluke seeing how it's regressed since.

Comment

• Eruss
            • Oct 2008
            • 4.0.x

Yestereday when I clicked on "new topics" it responded fairly quickly with zero results. Today it returned results and took about a minute.

The site in general being slow makes so many other bad points stick out like sore thumbs to make the experience on this site unbearable. Such as not being able to scroll to the top of this page to click on new topics. Instead click on forums, wait a while, then click new topics, wait forever. Then new topics don't even show which forum the new topics are in.

Comment

• Amaury
              • Mar 2012
              • 4.2.X

Since we're on the subject of the New Topics link, why is it, as well as the other links, such as Who's Online, only on the index? Back on vBulletin 4, it was globally shown (on all pages).
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

My post in this thread have always been about the incredible slowness of the "new threads" link.. the most used link on all forums I've been on.
                Has any staff that have been getting these sub 20 second load times tried what was suggested on page 2 or 3, which was to create a new account that isn't checking the forums several times a day.. check back after a week and see that it takes well over a minute for that search page to load.
                I never use that link, if anything I use new posts, but mainly I just go into the forums Im interested in to see the new threads.
                I dont check the forums several times a day either, once a day usually.

Either way, nothing related to that link has been worked on, so its not likely to have changed, it was only reported recently (VBV-11209)
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• hurricane_sh
                  • Mar 2005

Please make this forum faster, it's so painful to use, it should be also helpful for your business. After two hacks due to very old exploits, I need to be active here so that I won't miss next exploit.

If any of my forums is as slow as this one, it would be dead already.

Comment

• Loco.M
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                    I never use that link, if anything I use new posts, but mainly I just go into the forums Im interested in to see the new threads.
                    I dont check the forums several times a day either, once a day usually.

Either way, nothing related to that link has been worked on, so its not likely to have changed, it was only reported recently (VBV-11209)
                    Where is this "new post" link?
                    That's what we're all using the "new threads" link for since there is no "new post" link that I see anymore.

Also it's not really my job to report all the bugs in vb, doesn't vb have a whole team of quality reporting people on the team?
                    I've paid for a product which should produce quality results, maybe by this time two years for now it'll start to speed up.
                    This site is incredibly slow to everyone but maybe .5% of the users and ofcourse most the staff think the site is blazing fast..

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

I've paid for a product which should produce quality results, maybe by this time two years for now it'll start to speed up.
                      Does this issue occur in the product that you paid for? That would be vBulletin4 as you haven't purchased vBulletin 5.

We're working on the issue and you won't see results overnight. Want it dealt with faster? Vote for the issue in JIRA. It is linked above in the thread. However for convenience it is here again:

Currently it has no votes and that signifies that it isn't really important to the people experiencing the issue. And you're right, you don't have to report every bug. However if they don't get reported, they won't ever get fixed. It isn't QA's job to find every bug in the software. Many issues don't even occur on Staging Sites, including this one.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Loco.M
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Does this issue occur in the product that you paid for? That would be vBulletin4 as you haven't purchased vBulletin 5.

We're working on the issue and you won't see results overnight. Want it dealt with faster? Vote for the issue in JIRA. It is linked above in the thread. However for convenience it is here again:
                        I've actually had 2 vb 5 licenses, both have since been sold.. So my point still stands.
                        I cast my vote, not that it'll do much good.

It isn't QA's job to find every bug in the software
                        haha.. where can I sign up for this job?!?!

and for anyone else following

Thanks for the quote, that's wonderful...

Comment

• George L
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • May 2000
                          • 3.8.x

Can confirm right this moment new topics is slow on repeated accesses >40-45s load times with 39-44s of it due to search url. Maybe database server slowness ???

screenshots http://imgur.com/a/OXoUa#0
                          Last edited by George L; Mon 16 Sep '13, 9:17am.
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• DemOnstar
                            • Nov 2012

The entire thread is based on slowness, of course I voted.... It is an issue.

Comment

• Loco.M
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by George L
                              Can confirm right this moment new topics is slow on repeated accesses >40-45s load times with 39-44s of it due to search url. Maybe database server slowness ???

screenshots http://imgur.com/a/OXoUa#0
                              Thanks for confirming George, but this has been slow from day one of the conversion on vbulletin.com.
                              Please check every day if you'd like, it's not going to speed up anytime soon.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                                Former vBulletin Developer
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 5.7.X

The bottleneck on the New Topics seems to be on filtering unread posts. Setting unread_only to 0 seems to load the page much much faster.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search?searchJSON=%7B%22date%22%3A%22lastVisit%22%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22unread_only%22%3A0%2C%22...

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment