X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Paul M
    Most of the time its between 3 and 10 seconds for me (viewing threads), slow enough to be noticable, but nothing like the numbers quoted above.

Todays Posts is really quite fast for me, couple of seconds at most. The New Topics however does seem very slow, that needs looking at.

3-10 seconds is incredibly slow still Paul. That's such a huge variance.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Loco.M
      Also the multi-quote doesn't work at all. I quoted Reeve and tried to quote dilbert and it would only add the first quote. I had to copy Reeve's, then "undo" both quotes in the post, then quote dilbert and paste Reeve's quote in. If that isn't intuitive then I don't know what is..
      You can use the vB5 Qoute Selected Text extension (see my sig) in the meantime if you want.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a JIRA to redesign multi quoting as it is currently unintuitive. But we don't know when that will be implemented.
    • TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      For Multiquote, You have to press the "Post Reply (X)" button at the top. The X represents how many quotes you're inserting.
      Slightly off-topic, but since you mention the Post Reply button: After one has posted something, the Post Reply button in the floating bar always remains being 'active' (=displaying Post Reply (x)). This also happens when posting 'normally' (=via the editor at the bottom). Why doesn't the Post Reply button get reset after the user has actually posted something?

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

It's interesting that for the most part the staff don't think the site is slow and are reporting sub 10 second load times yet everyone else is finding 20,30 up to 50 seconds for the page to load. So my question is, how are staff getting the pages to load quick yet your average user is taking almost a whole minute for the page to load? Do we expect all guest to the vb5 forums to get slow or fast load times?
        For Multiquote, You have to press the "Post Reply (X)" button at the top. The X represents how many quotes you're inserting. Not sure what is up with the times you're getting or how I could investigate them further. Trying to do so though. Do you have a cookie for this site called "imloggedin"?
        I'll have to check on the cookie, I do know when you hit the quote button the page automatically brings you to the bottom and when I'm filling in text in the quick reply and hit the quote button, it does not work other then it changes the quote button to orange. *screenshot of the day* - 47 second load time All I see it this loading circle..

*edit* oh nice.... go to edit the post and lose formatting #SMH
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Loco.M; Wed 21 Aug '13, 5:59am.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Could be because we're pulling back a shorter list of new posts if we're in here more often so the time to generate is less?
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Trevor's point could be onto something....

Since 5.0.4 I've found things a lot faster. I wouldn't say blisteringly fast but most pages now load in a reasonable time frame, the only exception tends to be profiles of someone with a lot of recent activity....which probably backs up Trevor's point even more.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              Could be because we're pulling back a shorter list of new posts if we're in here more often so the time to generate is less?
              That could be what's happening, I'm using the default option though.
              I see the "todays threads" is much quicker, but "new threads" is very slow even if I check it a few times a day which I would think "new threads" would get smaller and smaller with each visit.

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ManagerJosh

3-10 seconds is incredibly slow still Paul. That's such a huge variance.
                Its not incredibly slow, but its certainly slow, esp 10 seconds (which is too slow).
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

I'd gladly trade 50 second load times for 10

Comment

• snow2000
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 4.2.X

For me it´s very slow here since VB5 is running. Most of the times I get a nice Time Out Error after waiting over a minute for the "New Topics". Today the same. I´m not able to see the "New Topics". Not too much fun to be here.

Comment

• dilbert
                      • Oct 2004

Not sure what is up with the times you're getting or how I could investigate them further.
                      You're an admin here. Create a new user, visit the site today with that user account.
                      Don't visit the site for 1 week with that account.
                      Now visit the New Posts page and see if loads. For me I got a lot of errors and the page never loaded, all of the links said something like navbartemplate_somelin...
                      Cliff
                      PathLabTalk
                      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• Logician
                        • Jan 2002

Firebug page load stats for this thread attached.. Hope this helps
                        Attached Files
                        Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
                        I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

Comment

• Loco.M
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.5.x

I remember the days on 3.8.x when I was able to get my forum to load any page on the site in less then 1 second, in most cases it was about 480 ms

I think those days are long gone.. at least with this script they are.

Comment

• Amaury
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 4.2.X

I wonder if part of it is the server?

This forum had its off days back on vBulletin 4, but that was just mostly the server being wonky. Also when it was on vBulletin 4, while the loading wasn't instant like on some other vBulletin 4 forums, on average, loading only took between 2-3 seconds, which wasn't bad.

I don't think vBulletin 5 can be fully blamed. I think it's a combination of both vBulletin 5 and the server.
                            Former vBulletin user

Comment

• jdj
                              jdj commented
                              Editing a comment
                              For me vB5 on vBulletin.com is is still consistently slower to load than vB4 on vBulletin.com although it has improved slightly over the last couple of months.
                          • Logician
                            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Amaury
                            I don't think vBulletin 5 can be fully blamed. I think it's a combination of both vBulletin 5 and the server.
                            I agree with this comment.

Yet if traffic has not increased recently, then vb5 can be reason of load in the server since same server was fine during vb4 times.

I'd also think server can use a caching mechanism. The bottleneck is .js file load (6 seconds) and it can be cached.
                            Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
                            I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

Comment