X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudedog1968
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

just tried it and it was also over 30 second. Keep up the great work vB......
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• rhens
      • Sep 2012

its just that one for me. everything else loads w/i 2 seconds. i never use that and will not have it in my instance, anyway. internet explorer kills, boys and girls

Comment

• rhens
        rhens commented
        Editing a comment
        just tried that link again......3 seconds
    • Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Yves Rigaud

The same link. I retried, same result.

25 requests ❘ 11.3 KB transferred ❘ 2.47 s (load: 1.96 s, DOMContentLoaded: 1.85 s)
      Thanks for confirming
      It loaded in 19 seconds from my laptop, I've always checked it with my pc at home.

I sure would like to know what the sub 5 second people have done to get such results..
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

43 seconds for me.

Comment

• keisko
          • May 2005

I dunno what's changed/updated but everything loads very fast since 1-2 weeks (included new topics, todays posts etc).

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

About 7 seconds here, which is a lot slower than other sites on this forum (3-4 seconds), but not really a nightmare. I agree though, that vB5 still needs more speed optimization. I guess we will see improvements with every upcoming release in the future.

Comment

• jdj
              • Jan 2009
              • 5.1.x

I'm viewing from the UK, I'm guessing the vBulletin.com server is US-based and I wouldn't describe the connection as "unbearably slow" anymore. I'd say it was now just about tolerable when I'm viewing from a PC or an ipad; not good, but better than it was. It usually loads in less time for me than 7 seconds unless something makes it fall over. Last time that happened to me it was an ad on the right hand side of the screen advertising vB5. I don't know what that was but I'm guessing it was "Son of Notices Manager". The Notices Manager occasionally caused problems in vB4, so we don't use it much.

Does anyone have any experience of how quickly it loads from a phone? How quick is that?

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

This is all I see from my phone, I can't scroll and trying to click on the forum categories doesn't do anything either. So.. unusable for me at the moment.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

I would say the issue is probably frequency of selecting the link. This morning I was able to coax the New Posts link into a 21 second download. Subsequent reloads were 2.5 seconds for the same content. Haven't actually clicked it in the past few days so there was no cache hit for me on the first load. I suspect it is a caching issue and that page probably shouldn't be cached at all.

As for mobile, I get similar response times on my iPhone 4S over Wifi as I do on the Desktop. Doesn't matter if I use Safari or Chrome. Not sure why you can't scroll down in your image above. I can scroll down and access the menus and forums without problems. This isn't to say the Responsive display on the phone is perfect but it usable, at least on my iPhone. I don't have an Android device like the one pictured above.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Loco.M
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Nice work vBulletin, this has to be a record.
                    5 minutes to load the new threads page then it errors out..lol

Comment

• rudedog1968
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Someone should tell the product managers that slower times are better.....
                      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

We had some planned downtime in the main offices over the weekend, it was adding to extra slowness. But in general the site loads in under 5~ seconds for most things for me.

Comment

• DemOnstar
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Loco.M
                          Nice work vBulletin, this has to be a record. 5 minutes to load the new threads page then it errors out..lol
                          72 seconds for me but with no error, I did however come across this....

Which doesn't really make sense unless of course I am on a completely different topic..
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by DemOnstar
                            72 seconds for me but with no error, I did however come across this....

Which doesn't really make sense unless of course I am on a completely different topic..
                            It must just be me then.. every single time
                            I can't even get the new threads page to load today.
                            I've tested this on multiple computers on separate networks but you're all probably right.. it must just be me, I mean I am brand new to the internet..
                            It's not surprising that upgrading to vBulletin 5 will kill your traffic with results like the ones I've been experiencing.

Also I guess you can't highlight text anymore and add a link..
                            brilliant idea whoever came up with that.. O_o
                            I saw a user complaining on vb.com about his traffic tanking after upgrading to vBulletin 5. This is rather disturbing, sure there may be other factors...

Comment

• dilbert
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Loco.M
                              Nice work vBulletin, this has to be a record.
                              5 minutes to load the new threads page then it errors out..lol

Yup, got that same error a couple of weeks ago. Didn't visit the site for over a week, therefore I suspect it was pulling back many records and it kept erroring out. I gave up and left (like I do most times waiting for this site).
                              Cliff
                              PathLabTalk
                              Square Wheels Cycling

Comment