X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

Forum Just Crashed

I was just reading the last news of the last release of vB5 connect having been away on holiday. I came to see whether the calendar was in or not. I went to Wayne Luke's announcement and read it, then logged in and some kind of annoying popup came up on the right hand side of the screen telling me to buy vBulletin 5 connect and how great it was. I clicked on "features" to see if the calendar was back in but nothing informative came up. I then hit the "forum" link in the breadcrumbs and the forum crashed, then it logged me out. This is what I could see.

So as far as I can see, still not as reliable as vB4 and still no calendar or CMS.
    Attached Files
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Can you reproduce this or has this been a one time error?

Yeah, vB5 has no CMS or calender yet, but it will be implemented in a future release.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Nothing crashed.

I just did a reload of all the files, the CSS is last, so you get that for a minute or two.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• jdj
        • Jan 2009
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TLMD
        Can you reproduce this or has this been a one time error?
        Just logged back in today - no popup appeared on the right hand side of the screen and no crash. So whatever it was appeared to be related to the vBulletin Connect 5 promotional blurb that appeared on the right hand side when I logged in the first time.

Comment

• jdj
          • Jan 2009
          • 5.1.x

I just got an email notification to say that a user called Roston had replied to this thread with quote:

"This is the [url deleted] only Kit that contains this extensive 12-week program.
          The [url deleted] FORCE Kit builds and maintains peak"

...I've no idea what it was but it was clearly abuse because I visited Roston's profile and you've banned him.

I've noticed that even on some of the Linkedin professional groups that I'm on there are people trying to sell me programs to develop my abs and get myself a decent six pack. It appears vBulletin is not immune from this kind of stuff as well.

Of course poor old Roston may have not done it deliberately and may just have had his account hacked.

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

They were a spammer, and got kicked.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment