Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zdaddy
    • Mar 2011

Can't view threads or send a PM

I don't really want this as a forum thread, but seems to be the only way for me to communicate.
    I posted a new thread a short while ago and it had to be approved before appearing... fine, ok. So it was approved and replied to by Wayne Luke, as I can see it in the thread list.. however I cannot view it- I am "not authorized to view this page"... even though I can view other threads. So I went to send a PM to Wayne Luke, clicked the send button, but it said I am not authorized to make that post....

Thanks
    z
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Here is Wayne's reply:

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    It is a custom coded system. I guess you could call it vBManual 1.0. It is not something we distribute and isn't part of the software.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• zdaddy
      • Mar 2011

hmm.. I can view this thread, and other threads in this forum that I've looked at, but not the other thread I posted...

Anyway, back to the answer Wayne provided about my question on the vb manual- that would be a nice feature to offer. I would like to volunteer my one of my forums to be your guinea pig for beta testing.

Meanwhile, does anyone know any commercial or open source products that provide this type of manual/help structure?

What is the software being used on vbulletin.com to present the online manuals, with the left pane showing contents/topics in a collapsible/expandable format, and the right pane showing the topic selected?
      Is this something available in the vbulletin product itself? or is it a commercial utility? Anyone know of any open source tool that does this?

Thanks
      Z

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Its not something we're ever going to release.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by zdaddy
          Meanwhile, does anyone know any commercial or open source products that provide this type of manual/help structure?
          Mediawiki?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...