You are not authorized to create this post.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

You are not authorized to create this post.

Since a mod closed this last thread for no reason I guess I'll start it again.. Don't close it, it had valid points on all pages!

So since I had to make another one to ask why I don't have permission to post here ya go.
    I have a vBulletin license although it's just about worthless, it does entitle me to access to these "support" forums.
    I have a PM even saying from staff that I would always have access as long as I had a license. I guess you do have the right to change the rules at any time, but what's the point of 3rd party venders even trying to support vBulletin anymore with us being shut down left and right.

I can not reply, quote or comment on this thread even though the quick reply box is still showing.
    What's up with that, why are you shutting the members that built vbulletin out of the discussion??

How long before the entire site is just listed as a private forum?
    No one replies to the facebook or twitter account or even tries to engage in conversation, I guess they know they can censor and dictate what is being said here that they don't care what the public side even sees. Great marketing and PR there folks.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

No reason I can see why you shouldn't be able to post in that topic.

A licensed member posted to it only 30 minutes back.

May be worth clearing cookies/cache etc.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Loco.M
      Since a mod closed this last thread for no reason I guess I'll start it again.. Don't close it, it had valid points on all pages!

So since I had to make another one to ask why I don't have permission to post here ya go.
      I have a vBulletin license although it's just about worthless, it does entitle me to access to these "support" forums.
      I have a PM even saying from staff that I would always have access as long as I had a license. I guess you do have the right to change the rules at any time, but what's the point of 3rd party venders even trying to support vBulletin anymore with us being shut down left and right.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-to-the-future
      Maybe it just another glitch? I have a new one today related to quoting. It just doesn't work. The work around is to close the page and then re-open it, I tried refresh a couple of times and that did nothing.

Comment

• zappaDPJ
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DemOnstar
        Maybe it just another glitch? I have a new one today related to quoting. It just doesn't work. The work around is to close the page and then re-open it, I tried refresh a couple of times and that did nothing.
        Quoting does not function correctly if you've already hit 'quote' for content you don't want to quote. You need to find and cancel that quote before selecting the content you intended to quote. I'd take a guess it's due to a malfunctioning multi-quote function that never got properly implemented.

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by zappaDPJ
          Quoting does not function correctly.
          Thank you for pointing that out....
          Add that to the list....

Originally posted by zappaDPJ
          I'd take a guess it's due to a malfunctioning multi-quote function that never got properly implemented.
          Well...............urm...................
          Add that to the list....

SoonTM boys and girls SoonTM.

Comment

• Loco.M
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.5.x

hmm, what's up with the random carrots in the replies to this thread? is that the new signature prevention "feature"..

I see that "bug" still isn't fixed, or maybe it's vb's idea of how to "SEO" a site.. disable sigs unless a user makes at least one post a day. #marketing

oh I see what's going on now..
            the user who had a < in their sig before I replied, actually have their signature links and text in them after I replied.

That's amazing

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

Also.. Why doesn't vbulletin post releases anymore in the announcement?
              I had some members post on my site that vb 5.0.3 was released, but I see it nowhere in the announcement forums.
              Last edited by Paul M; Thu 27 Jun '13, 7:17am. Reason: Seriously, give the broken record a rest.

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

It will be posted in the announcements when the relevant people are ready to do so.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                  It will be posted in the announcements when the relevant people are ready to do so.
                  Are the people that have found it, just seeing it in the members section?
                  I guess I don't understand why it would be available for download if it hasn't been "released" yet.
                  I'm curious to see what's been fixed or improved so I can relay that info to my clients.

thx for the reply Paul

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

It's in the members area but an official release announcement has not yet been posted. It will be but it requires writing up properly by the relevant people.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Loco.M
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      It's in the members area but an official release announcement has not yet been posted. It will be but it requires writing up properly by the relevant people.
                      again..
                      I guess I don't understand why it would be available for download if it hasn't been "released" yet.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

5.0.3 is released, announcement should be coming soon(tm)

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

If its available for download then its been released.

The process doesnt rely on an announcement, that comes later.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• DemOnstar
                            • Nov 2012

It is available from the usual place...

I have to say that this recent release has improved greatly for me....A few persisting niggles but overall....cleaner....

5.0.4 is coming up and amongst the performance improvements, I expect at least 1 new feature... Not sure why I think like this.....

Comment

• TLMD
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 5.6.X

Originally posted by DemOnstar
                              5.0.4 is coming up and amongst the performance improvements, I expect at least 1 new feature... Not sure why I think like this.....
                              Does getting a broken feature fixed count as a new feature?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...