X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xmemx
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

Why i don't like vbulletin 5

I don't like vbulletin 5 because vb5's blog does not look like blog. I like vbulletin 4 blog. This is way i don't want to move. Just sharing my feedback on vb5.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Thank you for your feedback, I know I have seen others who feel the same way.

Comment

• Matrix Leader
      • Nov 2011
      • 3.8.x

I never installed vB5 but from what I experience on THESE forums, it is very slow and like when I create a new post it needs like 20 seconds till it even allows me to type in the subject line.

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Matrix Leader
        I never installed vB5 but from what I experience on THESE forums, it is very slow and like when I create a new post it needs like 20 seconds till it even allows me to type in the subject line.
        To be fair, 5.0.2 on here is faster than 5.0.1 and 5.0.0.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Amaury25
          Originally posted by Matrix Leader
          To be fair, 5.0.2 on here is faster than 5.0.1 and 5.0.0.
          Nothing special though: 5.0.8 will also be faster/more advanced than 5.0.2, because more work has been done on the product until then.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            • Apr 2010

Blogs are a personal preference issue. I tend to think they're a distraction to my forums. Many of my members have no understanding of the difference between a blog and a thread or post. This is to say nothing of articles, which in my experience very few are capable of penning with any aplomb. Anyone can blog and, given the opportunity, most people will press the shiny button. Most content simply isn't worthy of a special place on my forums or in my heart. Perhaps your forum has a better class of membership or a better niche. To each his or her own.

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

I like the blog option as an option. However, I will change the name blogs to a different name.
              Anything that contains the words blog, blogging etc is not welcome in China.

Comment

• tgillespie
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.7.x

Wow. I haven't been around in a while, but the awfulness of vB5 compelled me to login let you all know... that this is NOT a step in the right direction. Ouch.
                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• dilbert
                  • Oct 2004

vB5 allows me to multi-task. I click on a link to view a post, then I go do something else, like have lunch, finish the laundry. When I come back the page has finished loading. Then I click another link mow the lawn and come back and read that post - or another one since you never really know where clicking a link will bring you.
                  Cliff
                  PathLabTalk
                  Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

This forum is about overall feedback of this site. For software feedback, please post in one of the appropriate threads in the appropriate forums. Thank you.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment