Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zappaDPJ
    • Jun 2007

New Topics & Today's Posts

Personally I don't see any reason for having both links when what people generally want listed is all new content since their last visit. That aside, these functions are very poorly implemented and more often than not just bring up an error page for me.

Not listing the forum in which the listed content resides is a huge oversight for what should be obvious reasons. It also makes for a very poor user experience having to navigate back to 'FORUMS' to refresh the listings. They should be available from almost any page within the forum.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Don't disagree with either point.

I believe there are entries in the tracker to both add the forum details to the results, and also to allow subnav items to be global.

My own demo site www.talknewsuk.com/forum has manual template hacks to show the same subnav regardless of page.
    Last edited by Mark.B; Wed 27 Mar '13, 5:23am.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• zappaDPJ
      • Jun 2007

On another note I've received notification of your reply. Why? I didn't subscribe to this thread and I'm not subscribed to this thread.

The notification reads: 'Mark.B replied to [ARG:5 UNDEFINED]' and the only way I could get that to display as I see it was to c&p into an external editor.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You can get notifications when people reply to your content without subscription. You can manage your notifications on the Notification tab of your Account Settings.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zappaDPJ
          • Jun 2007

Thanks Wayne.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by zappaDPJ
            Personally I don't see any reason for having both links when what people generally want listed is all new content since their last visit.
            I'm glad to have both options, especially on support forums. Often I want new posts but sometimes my last visit here was just to view old thread for a support issue. If only new pots was available I'd miss a lot of posts that weren't since my last visit.

Comment