X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

At least give reasons if you close threads

Just a suggestion: If you close threads, at least give a reason. On my forums, I consider that common courtesy, especially if there's no obvious reason.

It may well be that you do not like the feedback or whatever the issue is, but the thread has been perfectly civilized, no one has been insulted or attacked. It is your prerogative to close threads, and I accept that. Yet it feels totally random, so my feedback is: Explain to people why you close threads, if you have to.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

I agree with you!

I am also wondering why this one has been closed: [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/3949087-post-your-questions-for-management-here"]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/3949087-post-your-questions-for-management-here[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/3949087-post-your-questions-for-management-here"]

I liked to read the questions there and it was the first thread where actually concrete answers were given to customers' questions.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
      TheLastSuperman commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not know why that was closed, I'm not always online nor do I spend time moderating other moderators per say but I'm sure there was a valid reason.
  • vijayninel
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

BTW I just found a way of posting in closed threads :P Who said there are no advantages for members in vB5
    www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

• DemOnstar
      DemOnstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Share it please, try the PM to see if that works. Thanks.

Thank you Ramsesx but commenting is rather lame in a long thread as has been established and also, the comment you made to my comment cannot be followed by another comment from myself as there is no option to do that and therefore the VB connect theory fails on that point too clever guy.
      Last edited by DemOnstar; Mon 11 Mar '13, 6:05am.

• Ramsesx
      Ramsesx commented
      Editing a comment
      Works only on commenting, not hard to find out

• TheLastSuperman
      Editing a comment
      Since we know in some scenario's that would be "egging" someone on it's best advised not to do that on here in a closed thread, if your arguing with another member it seems pretty tacky imo.
  • DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cellarius
    Just a suggestion: If you close threads, at least give a reason. On my forums, I consider that common courtesy, especially if there's no obvious reason. [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/site-feedback/3950081-post-commenting"]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ost-commenting[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/site-feedback/3950081-post-commenting"] It may well be that you do not like the feedback or whatever the issue is, but the thread has been perfectly civilized, no one has been insulted or attacked. It is your prerogative to close threads, and I accept that. Yet it feels totally random, so my feedback is: Explain to people why you close threads, if you have to.
    I added this as a new feature in the JIRA fiasco over a month ago. I don't only want the reason, I want the persons name.

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

Thank you Ramsesx but commenting is rather lame in a long thread as has been established and also, the comment you made to my comment cannot be followed by another comment from myself as there is no option to do that and therefore the VB connect theory fails on that point too clever guy.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Did anyone ever take a second to think that... perhaps someone closed the wrong thread? Ohh it can happen LOL and I believe that happened there... why? Well for the simple fact that thread was pretty calm aside from a few pfffft comments so I'm not even sure why it was closed unless it was a mishap, we are human after all .

Seriously, no clue but was not me and I don't feel that the others I work with here and know would simply close it w/o just cause. Now side note... on almost any forum I admin/mod/work on it's pretty much known not to post a new thread questioning staff decisions soooooooo...... since we don't even know why the thread was closed I guess I'll let you slide Cellarius xD.

Lighten up ladies and gents, it's only Monday and welp yeah, time for more coffee .

Edit: Ok I've re-opened the other thread (now that I think about it... perhaps it was closed because there's already a few threads about the post comments? Perhaps!) but feel there is no need for this thread other than the initial "how dare you" so I'm closing this thread.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• cellarius
          cellarius commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, and sorry for commenting in a closed thread - I just noticed, the notification took me straight to your post and there's no way to know a thread is closed down here.

• AlexanderT
          AlexanderT commented
          Editing a comment
          Testing Testing

• TheLastSuperman
          Editing a comment
          I was truly just picking w/ you Cellarius so no shrugs needed when you see me comment always take my comments as those of a Silly Father of Three . Also I noticed that will check tracker in the morning rather late here now and I want to get one more ticket sorted before I hit the hay so I'm off!
      • Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The thread in question was asked and answered. Further commentary on the question was not warranted and it had moved off-topic.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...